Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the conclusion that I would use a pistol for a side arm due to its convenience to carry around I decided to look for some. I am not to fond of gas, just for the fact that gas costs money, so I was looking into some good AEP's. I was looking into a G18c with extended mags, but I never found one that can shoot more than 220 fps. Do any of you know a good site to get a good AEP off of?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
A single can of propane lasts me around 2-3 months. All you need is an adapter. While I wish I had an AEP, there are not really any quality ones in the states, and few spare parts and batteries available in comparison to GBB's makes me turn the other way.

But if you are set on an AEP, check out Redwolf Airsoft. It is out of the states, but has some good options/choices.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Any of the TM series AEPs are good. They have great accuracy, decent range for the FPS, and a re very quiet. The option of fully automatic fire is another good thing also. They can be a little bit pricey, but they are worth it IMO. TM makes very good products.

·
Registered
506 Posts
wesley810 said:
Any of the TM series AEPs are good. They have great accuracy, decent range for the FPS, and a re very quiet. The option of fully automatic fire is another good thing also. They can be a little bit pricey, but they are worth it IMO. TM makes very good products.
But spending ≈$300 for a side arm? I don't see why you would. My $60 CO2 pistol works fine (ok maybe not "fine", but good enough).

·
Registered
84 Posts
My biggest gripe with AEPs are not the guns themselves but rather the batteries. They don't seem to last long, don't tolerate cold well, have proprietary connectors, and it is near impossible to find replacements/spares.

My sidearm is my TM MK23. It's non blow-back, but that has several advantages. The first is gas efficiency. It will even function well in the cold. But my favorite part is that with the included suppressor, it is practically inaudible past like 20ft.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Shooter8191 said:
=and does it use propane or Green Gas?
Sorry to be such a noob, I am used to the spring sniper, but how much does Green Gas cost per bottle?
Everyone started as a noob, it's no big deal. If a gun can use green gas, it can use propane. Green gas is basically propane with added silicone oil and some perfume so it doesn't smell like ass. As for the price, i couldn't tell you. I have only bought propane.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Shooter8191 said:
Hey can you send me the link for the TM MK23? It ounds good, and does it use propane or Green Gas?
Sorry to be such a noob, I am used to the spring sniper, but how much does Green Gas cost per bottle?
Buying green gas is like taking a big sum of money and tossing it into a fire.

Green gas is expensive and the only benefit is the silicon that is mixed with the propane. Rather than wasting your cash, buy propane and lube your gun often...all you have to do is buy a can of lube. You will be set for some time.

I have seen a few TM Mk23's going cheap on a few forums. Might be able to snag one by looking in the commerce sections.

·
Registered
909 Posts
awagg said:
wesley810 said:
But spending ≈$300 for a side arm? I don't see why you would. My $60 CO2 pistol works fine (ok maybe not "fine", but good enough).
More like $200:

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Tokyo_Marui_M93R_AEP_Airsoft_p/17502.htm

You also get what you pay for with a TM product. It would probably never wear out on you. If you wanted to go cheaper like around $100, CYMA makes an G18 AEP.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
AEP's you have to worry about batteries, and charing and they usually don't last all that long. Where a GBB all you need is a can of camping propane, which you can get a two pack for like $3.50. I have been using the same twin pack for about 2.5 years now ;)

A good NBB will usually last a lot longer than a GBB pistol. But if you want the "uber cool" kick of the pistol, then a GBB is a great way to go.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
inthetallgrass said:
I started l33t actually. No but really they still sell plenty of mk23's. I'm actually quite sure airsplat has like a $35 one by Y&P. Also taiwangun has the same kind of non blow-back for a similar price.
Friend had a Y&P. Trigger pull, like most NBB's is extremely long. Pistol felt extremely cheap, and felt like it would break by simply holstering it.

However, it was the quietest pistol I have ever shot, and its gas consumption was very good.

For the price, I would say it is worth it. Just be careful when handling it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well yes, the trigger pull is very long but I have handled one that belongs to a fellow airsoft-er at my site and I thought it felt very sturdy for the price. The silencer on it actually increases the Fps. It actually acts more like a longer barrel. I might consider getting one with my birthday money.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If it's compatible with the same upgrades as the TM MK23, you could put a nice VSR-10 bucking in and a G-Spec length barrel and have it firing very nicely. You would just have to drill out the suppressor for the extended barrel.

On a second note, I agree with woogie about the GBBs. It may be one of your cheapest options. You can get a decent GBB for a tad over $100 and the propane lasts a very long time and is dirt cheap. You will just have to buy an adapter, but it pays for itself rather quickly. The clone MK23 is also a good sidearm for the cash because it's quiet and powerful out of the box.

Mainly, what I'm getting at is that it's all pretty much personal preference with stuff like this. You'll have to sort out the pros and cons of each type of pistol and base it on your needs (budget, FPS, GBB, NBB, AEP, quality, etc.).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.