Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, Sandman here with another novice question.

I was wondering what a good base sniper rifle is? I am planning on buying it stock, so I could have the self pride up building it up from the ground up, and I am seeking to learn more about Spring Bolt Action Rifle internals.

Now so far I am open to all options on the base model, whether it be (L96, M24, M28, Barrett, Cheytac). I was seeking your guys opinions on what you think is the best base rifle model.

Thank you for your time in reading this

Also Gas Vs. Spring Powered

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
There is no real "best." It is just what your style of play is. Some people like the plethera of parts the VSR series has to offer (I know I do) while some people like the look of the L96 with it's also large market for upgrades. Olther people like the challenge of working woth a gun that does not have very many aftermarket parts, but that's usually for people very experienced with BASRs. If you are looking for ease of use mixed with performance mixed with parts available, get either an L96 compatible gun or a VSR gun like a bar10 (most popular VSR clone). I got VSR clone because I like the feel of it better than the feel of an L96, but that's just personal preference. They are both similar in performance but VSR clones do have a larger selection of upgrades. What it comes down to is whichever one feels better in your hands and which looks cooler. If you don't have access to them yet, go for looks between An L96 clone and a VSR clone.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think the normal Bar10s feel a bit like a hunting rifle, whereas the L96 is a much heavier, larger gun. I've always wanted to do a G-spec scout build. That could be fun!

·
Administrator
6,261 Posts
A springer is easier to upgrade and will have little to no fluctuation between shots, gas guns on the other hand needs a bit more work to achieve that.

I'd say go with TM VSR, it's very easy to find upgrade/spare parts, the only downfall may be the standard M700 look(I personally like it) but you can change that with another stock. I see more L96 look guns in the field than M700 though!

Wolf

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Whatever you buy, make sure it is spring. Only go for gas after you've had some good experience with spring rifles. I still don't think I'll be getting a gas-powered gun for a while yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I have lots of experience with Gas Rifles. But only the GBBR such as King Arms, G&P, an a KJW M4 model GBBR's.

I like the look of the Bar-10, but as said before it is too light to actually feel like a sniper rifle

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Like Worst said, you can put clay in it. I filled every last crevice in my bar10 with clay and it now weighs a little over 8 pounds. Because most of it went into the stock it also balanced it so it is less of an effort to keep it steady. I originally did the clay to dampen the sound but the weight is an added bonus.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Depends on what you want man.

I have done many builds with the VSR rifles, the Maruzen rifles, and a few others. It is just a mater of how much time, effort, and time you want to put into the rifle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I plan on putting all my effort and money into this rifle until I am pleased with its performance. Time is not a factor as I understand I will be purchasing the upgrades over time, and I am a total Do It Yourselfer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.