Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am needing to get a MOSFET. But I'm not sure where to buy them or which ones are good. And yes I have done some research. I would like to get a soft breaking one. So if you could link me to a website that sales them or have recommendations please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've messed around with the Burst Wizard Elite from Kong, and I own his plug and play also, they're great for the price! Plus, his customer service is hands down the best I've dealt with in ages. Besides that, the AWS Raptor is great as well, IF you can get your hands on one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
AWS is out of business, and for good reason. Their mosfets were weak and had more busted ones than ones that worked. Of the ones I've seen, 4 have burnt up, 1 is still kicking.

The BTC Chimera is an option. It has soft breaking as you requested, and to my knowledge, is the only soft breaking mosfet on the market. However, I think you're actually referring to a non breaking mosfet. If that is the case, and you don't need a computerized mosfet, there are a wide, wide selection of ~$20 mosfets that you can install into your gun.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The AWS mosfet in my gun runs perfectly fine with an 11.1v 20C Gens Ace Lipo.
You just really needed to take care of everything when you install it. I don't remember if I run it with braking or not now, but I do have it set up to burst fire.
The main reason I got it was because I dislike having a heavy trigger pull and at the time it was the only way to solve that.

My only gripe is that the lipo monitoring seems to be a bit to sensitive. My remedy to that is that I just don't use it so I just don't overshoot my gun. If I'm at a large OP I end up just swapping batteries mid day anyway.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Umm.. I'm not sure if I should be doing this but...

1) Register at Airsoft Mechanics (ASM) to find out more about MOSFETs and producers. They are more or less THE place for knowledge about AEGs. Just read up on the threads before asking any questions.

2) If you just want to buy a mosfet, I would recommend checking out Clandestine airsoft. I haven't per-say purchased anything from him, but he is HIGHLY rated in ASM and he tries to get quality parts in his inventory.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't think you'll do that. The worst you'll probably do is strip a wire trying to get everything to run to where your battery compartment is. I used to have the burst wizard king kong and it was an utter pain to fit all the wires through into the handguard without one snagging somewhere.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You should ask libelle, she's a whiz with aegs.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Am I now? That is good to know.

These seem to be good. http://www.infectedarmory.com/mosfets.html

Good, thick wires; high amp ratings, and it is indeed tiny. The one I let a high-speed motor on standard ratio turn a m170 or m150 (forgot exactly which I put in) spring on 7.4v lipo. A bit sluggish on that, but it handles the 11.1 without a problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't get an Infected Armory mosfet. They're quite terrible. Their design is an outdated one, and for good reason. There is a high possibility that it will short out. And, another design flaw, when this happens, the gates on the mosfet will be left open, meaning the gun will fire as long as a battery is plugged in. Unless they have updated their design, do not get one.

Besides, stronger mosfets can be had for $20, instead of the $28 they are charging. As was suggested earlier. Join AirsoftMechanics, look at their For Sale section. There are at least 3 people who actively sell good, strong mosfets.

Be aware that the Burst Wizards are not mosfets unless you hard wire them in. They do not act as mosfets in their plug and play modes

·
Registered
527 Posts
Have not heard of that problem before.

Also, if you are running cramped and a high lipo, I think Deans is the better connector. Might as well be switched when inthere fiddling with the mosfet.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Deans are the second most popular connectors next to tamiya. They also require soldering. If you need to buy a soldering iron make sure it's at 25-30 watts. Anything to high well throw off to much thermal heat and to low doesn't melt the solder well enough.

I wouldn't use the burst wizard either due to the fact that adding it in as a actual mosfet requires you to solder in a wire to the PCB board. Granted I had some training in electronics and I knew what to do,but the wire you have to use is so flimsy I ended up breaking it off and I couldn't find a de soldering bulb in my area.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I talked to my tech about the Infected Arms mosfets. He has not had a problem with moer than one, but he noticed it was wired incorrectly. He suspected it might have something to do with the installer running the source wire the wrong way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.