Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states I'm in search for a new cylinder head for my KWA sr12. The stock one lasted 1 FULL game and maybe half of another one before it literally exploded. The nozzle just fell right out along with at least 5-6 pieces of the actual cylinder head. Goes to show that polymer heads coupled with a 550 fps DMR doesn't end very well lol.

I've read that the Bravo heads aren't too bad because they come with the double o-ring which helps with the air seal, but I wanted to know if there were any other brands that I should look into before I make my final decision.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Feel free to post links to different ones, this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't agree that plastic cylinder heads don't work at high power. I think the issue is that it is a KWA cylinder head. Now I don't know what type of plastic they use, but I have seen one break in the field on an SP120, and one with the stock spring. I think they're just worse than others as far as cylinder heads go. I have used other polymer heads at your power before without issues.

It might even be a better idea to use a polymer head since it won't transfer all the impact energy to the shell as quickly, which can help prevent cracked shells. Using sorbothane on the cylinder head will also help decrease the likelihood of a cracked shell, and would reduce the likelihood of cylinder head failure.

That all said, even a metal head should be fine with sorbothane, at least as long as you've ditched the metal piston head. Just make sure you get one with a flat impact surface, as opposed to tapered, to keep your piston head from dying. As far as metal cylinder heads go, brands don't matter a whole lot so long as they meet the aforementioned criteria, but I've had great luck with Guarder.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
What I've been using just lately is a metal cylinder head, it matters not how many O rings it has if you have been following my guide as you should be glueing it in using silicon sealant which forms 1 girt big seal.

What I've then been using is bog stock TM plastic cylinder heads, that i then score the face of to make a good key for hot melt glue to stick to which I form the shape of in an old cylinder, to a depth that corrects the AOE, I then drill in some ports using a 2mm drill.... instant shock proof, AOE corrected, vented piston head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.