Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my GR25 and am having double feeding on the first shot only.

My ideas are:
*Too much spring tension in the mid cap
*Too much oil on hop up bucking
*Bad/swelled bucking due to excess oil in shipping

Any other ideas?

Aside from that, the gun shoots pretty nice. It's a little low fps-wise compared to other reviews but it's getting torn into and upgraded anyway.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Could be tappet plate/tappet plate spring issues. Might be worth looking at. With the gun upside down and the mag out do you see the air nozzle moving back and forth every trigger pull?

·
Registered
890 Posts
The problem lies with the bucking. Or so I think. The magazine spring being to strong sounds logical to me as well, but then you would still go back to the bucking.

My suggestion is examine the feed lips on the bucking and if they are OK wash the bucking in warm soap water for 30mins then dry off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The nozzle seems to be functioning perfectly. It's just that first shot that is causing trouble, and after cleaning the bucking it's not even happening on every mag. It seems like the BB's have too much speed when ejecting out of the mag and racing up the feed tube to the chamber and there is enough power to get 2 in the barrel (one pushed past the hop-up) and one on the hop-up nub/detent.

The bucking seems very cheap compared to some I've used in the past so I will swap it as soon as I can find a Firefly hard bucking and nub.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You are right!

Well at least putting me in the right direction.

It's a mix of magazines that are not broken-in and the hop-up bucking.

I'm trying a new bucking and leaving my mags half full overnight to reduce spring tension. I don't think I need a high tension spring to keep up with a 5rps gun.

·
Registered
230 Posts
First of all, you are better off with the new bucking since original ones tend to ... well lets just say they are rarely good enough for our standards hehe, try 60 degrees (shorescale)

If the problem is still present... From what i can understand you must be running a setup fast enough to retract the nozzle after a shot is made, that way the bb's are able to snap passed the nozzle and into the hopup bucking when replacing mag, just to verify that, try a slower battery and see if the problem still occurs, if so - you need to install some sort of active braking, a basic AB mosfet should do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.