Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a new sidearm, but this time I wanted to buy from one of the high end brands. Tokyo Marui in this case.
I was looking into getting either a P226 or a G17. I know that you are suppose to use HFC134a in them, but what parts would I need to get it to function on green gas reliably. From what I have read, you need to change the slide and most other plastic components to metal. Internally, what parts would need changing? I'm pretty sure I would need to get a new nozzle and valves, but thats the extent of TM GBB knowledge

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KWA is a great company and I highly recommend them to friends, but it's kind of a mental thing for me. Not only do you get to say "It's a TM", but there aren't that many external/internal upgrades that you can do to a KWA. For instance, I wanted to get a mock silencer, just for that cool factor, not to actually use in-game, the KWA does not have a threaded barrel, but I think I saw an outer barrel with threads for the TM. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't KWA and TM not externally compatible?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've spent a lot of time in my KWA 226 mostly installing an R-hop and I was recerntly looking for a threaded barrel but it seems that the mounting for the hop-up is receded in the TM compared to the KWA.

You could always buy a KJW 226 (which is fully traded) which IS compatible with most TM parts and can handle green gas and replace what you want.

For example you could buy the KJW and then buy a guarder kit as well as this:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/content_page.php?search=searchItem&rs=226&skeyword=226

I understand the TM thingy but I would much prefer a solid performing Guarder/KJW/Whateverelse 226 than a TM 226 which isn't the strongest built airsoft pistol around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.