Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick note to introduce myself, I live in England and I am fairly new to airsoft, I used to do live round target shooting in the past, my only airsoft at present is a KTW flintlock pistol, I am looking to buy a sniper rifle for target shooting in my garden and thought this would be a good place to gain advice and guidance.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Aloha

If you are doing strictly target shooting, I would recommend an air rifle of some sort, a fixed barrel springer, probably in .177cal.
With an air rifle you'll have extremely good accuracy compared to an airsoft gun, so your shooting skills will be accurate to the groups you're getting, as long as you are using decent pellets like JSB or Air Arms.

If you plan to play airsoft as well, go for the sniper and whatever air rifle you can afford.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,451 Posts
Aloha

If you are doing strictly target shooting, I would recommend an air rifle of some sort, a fixed barrel springer, probably in .177cal.
As someone who has at least some experience with this, a lot of shooting clubs in the UK also do PCP air rifle shooting. Unless you live in the country and/or are rich, it is pretty difficult to get enough space to shoot an air rifle safely/at a decent distance in the UK, so clubs with ranges have that added bonus too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thankyou for the replies, I have previously belonged to several clubs for both live round and air rifles, both became to serious for me, this is for fun something I can tinker with as and when I want, space isn't an issue, I was contemplating either a mb02 or a mb03.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,451 Posts
Thankyou for the replies, I have previously belonged to several clubs for both live round and air rifles, both became to serious for me, this is for fun something I can tinker with as and when I want, space isn't an issue, I was contemplating either a mb02 or a mb03.
I own both of those. At least, I own an MB03 and MB04 (MB04s are just MB02s in a different stock).
Honestly, I can't recommend either one. Both have been rather troublesome.
If I had to choose, it would be the MB03, simply because it was easier for me to replace every single component on it.

My recommendation now for an airsoft sniper would be the Action Army T11. It is in fact more vsr10 compatible than the MB03, as the receiver dimensions are better. Furthermore, it can be used decently as a stock gun, having both further range and better durability than the MB03.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If your in anyway serious about using it long term than get a Cyma 701 or AA t11 (t11 being a lot better option). The Well mb 02/03/other vsr models have the issue of needing Airsoft Pro parts for the cylinder unit/internals and since Brexit they aren't in stock as often whereas the cyma and AA take any vsr spec parts so easier to upgrade.

If you don't mind waiting for parts to be in stock than the MB2/3 are ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts