Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys,
I am kinda interested in the tech part of airsoft. Especially AEGs and GBBs. After finishing several projects for example AEP, ROF build (AEG), DMR (AEG) and 1911 CO² with NPAS. I have also become the team technician. I started to take a look into bolt action. I want to realize a project where my bolt action becomes as silent as possible while maintaining energy with very heavy BBs.
I am always sticking to science and do not believe in magic, like some people do with tokyo marui and the so called TM fairy dust, that let you hop BBs with 329 fps to kilometers...

So therefore I have some very specific questions about cylinder volume, hopups and stuff like that. I am starting with the cm.700a.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome,.the CM700 is an under investigated platform so you may need to do some measuring and testing yourself.

With that said the basic principles apply to every platform such as airseal, the concept of cylinder/barrel ratio (ratio varies by platform though), the optimum pressure hop being from above/below not from the side, etc.

A good point to start at is measuring the cylinder compression volume than we can help suggest tests and theoretical part matches if your not sure.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,374 Posts
Hello there...

On the topic of the CM.700, it takes the Action Army L96 hopup unit:
Hello there...

On the topic of the CM.700, with some modification, it can take the Action Army L96 hopup unit.
This Cyma M40A3 is identical with S&T M40A3 PDI Custom which I used.

For those who are looking for after market hop up chamber for this gun, it can use action army hop up L96 chamber, since the diameter is same 22mm.
For applying this you have to drill a 2.5mm hole on the outer barrel, 6mm from the edge that the magazine comes in to outer barrel.
Also sand the mag catch to make enough room for the screw that holds the chamber through the 2.5mm new hole.

It's definitely giving much better consistency compare to the stock one.
The only problem is when you adjust the hop screw. You can do it by sliding a little and adjust through the hole that originally exist. It is difficult but do-able. TDC might be a perfect combination for this set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello there...

On the topic of the CM.700, it takes the Action Army L96 hopup unit:
Hello there...

On the topic of the CM.700, with some modification, it can take the Action Army L96 hopup unit.
Already found the big thread about the cyma cm.700 / M40a3, which is why I registrered in first place.

Got that with the hopup unit. And I will probably install it, after I tried some stuff with the current hopup unit.
All my questions have been also posted there. Some might be very specific. I bought an used M40 that came with TNT barrel and some other airsoftpro upgrades. So I will take those upgrades and fix stuff around it.
I already started, what was unfortunately not mentioned in any thread about the M40 with filling open spaces in the body with foam to suck in the voice the gun produces.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TNT barrels aren't that great.
Nah I definitly do not follow, that barrels do change pretty much. As far as the barrel itself is straight and does not make a curve. I do not really think tuningbarrels are changing anything. Especially for the hefty price. Had on my AEG barrels from brass that had better accuracy than some other tuning barrels. And sometimes it was the other way around. The barrel was preinstalled therefore I will most likely stick to it.

Most important for the accuracy is definitly the hopup bucking, tensioner, chamber and bb weight. Lever should not bend to reduce hop inconsistency and for the bucking I chose some maple leaf mr type ones. The tensioner will also be somekind of flat hop tensioner to support the full hopping area. BBs will be .45s.

Other important stuff will be cylinder ratio.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,374 Posts
Nah I definitly do not follow, that barrels do change pretty much. As far as the barrel itself is straight and does not make a curve. I do not really think tuningbarrels are changing anything.
Most barrels are pretty much similar in performance, the reason I think TNT barrels perform worse (owning one myself) is the grooves that go along the inside of the barrel. These grooves allow air to leak past the BB, causing inconsistency and noticeable power loss.
Get a ZCI/Lonex/Lambda or any other cheapish quality replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts