Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Semi, braced. Got a ssr90, first aeg, and Im not that impressed (Until now always used a boltie). 2 foot diameter grouping (at my club's range, had a spotter downrange for sighting and marking) Maybe my expectations are high

.32's, stock spring and everthing, shooting at 1.65 J

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had to go to my home field and fix/pu equipment. I just grabbed a gun, mags, and PC and went after it and played a round using my mp5.

Was hitting about 130-50, but the highlight was going into a new cqb building and clearing it out to get the objective at the end.

Was a little hot. Reasy for cooler weather!

Cheers ,
BroHay

·
Registered
456 Posts
2ft is like 60cm? 60cm grouping at 60m for 0,32 is not bad.
How people are spoiled these days, when I started you're lucky if an ootb gun does that at 30m. But anyways a good barrel and bucking cleaning is good practice.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2ft is like 60cm? 60cm grouping at 60m for 0,32 is not bad.
How people are spoiled these days, when I started you're lucky if an ootb gun does that at 30m. But anyways a good barrel and bucking cleaning is good practice.
Ha, glad I didnt get on board then, sounds frustrating. Guess I'm used to the boltie, but still wanted to make sure I'm getting what I pay for. Loving the p90, so much easier to handle and isnt bad to carry both

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honestly, as soon as you mention "stock" then remove any expectations of stellar accuracy - The SSR90 is by no means terrible, but achieving the sort of accuracy you're hoping for is going to require a lot of tuning. With that said, 60cm isn't dreadful......and it does give you a lot of scope for improvement. 1.65j is firmly within the middle of DMR territory for most sites near me (and indeed, the majority of the UK) and in my experience, I would be hopeful of the sort of performance that would see every BB hitting a sheet of A4 paper at 60m at least.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly, as soon as you mention "stock" then remove any expectations of stellar accuracy - The SSR90 is by no means terrible, but achieving the sort of accuracy you're hoping for is going to require a lot of tuning. With that said, 60cm isn't dreadful......and it does give you a lot of scope for improvement. 1.65j is firmly within the middle of DMR territory for most sites near me (and indeed, the majority of the UK) and in my experience, I would be hopeful of the sort of performance that would see every BB hitting a sheet of A4 paper at 60m at least.
It seems things fall off quite rapidly after that unless youre shooting heavies. Betweem 60y and 70y the group widens some 3+ feet if I had to guess (but havent shot enough at the range yet to say fo sure)

·
Registered
19 Posts
It seems things fall off quite rapidly after that unless youre shooting heavies. Betweem 60y and 70y the group widens some 3+ feet if I had to guess (but havent shot enough at the range yet to say fo sure)
It's that delicate balance of power, weight, environment......but 3 feet dispersion over 10 yards is perhaps a bit cynical ;-) For any given distance my definition of "effective" is "able to hit a man-sized torso 10/10 times" which equates to around 18" x 30", and a lot of the time I have found that the BB simply drops out of the air before I reach the point where I'm missing the target - unless the wind is being particularly contrary.

Most of the time a decent inner barrel and bucking is all that's required to leverage the potential of a given RIF so generally, those are the things I upgrade first and then only after some games will I make further alterations.Caveat: If I had the luxury of higher limits, I might not be so quick to take guns out of the workshop but over here, it doesn't take much to put the average gun over the field limit ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll play around on the archery range this week further with my ssr90 and also with my brothers vfc avalon stock and his r-hopped elite force hk416. So I'll get to see whats up.
My prediction: moving from 60 to 70 yards puts it towards the upper limit of aeg range and shot consistancy will suffer exponentially past that range

1 - 12 of 12 Posts