Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my friend and I are getting ready to paint our guns and wanted to ask you guys a question. I was recommended to buy 3 cans of a tan, green, and brown krylon based paint. Our question is will 3 cans cover both our guns or will we need 2 of each color? Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You'l probably need 2 cans of your base colour to get good coverage , but 1 of everything else should be ok, provided you dont go to over board with your camo pattern.

·
Registered
716 Posts
With one can of each Oakey and I made three full rifle schemes.

Just base coat in tan, then add the darker stuff. It's a lot easier to add dark to light, than the other way around. You know what I mean? ;)

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Even though this topic is about the amount of paint, could we also discus about painting techniques? I've never figured out how to make such great camos like many here has on their rifles... =/ Or is this some "Make a new topic"-stuff?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Phridum I knew there was a post somewhere on this forum but didn't know where.

And to answer Wandall's question that post was completely relevant because the thread was only 4 days old and the question related directly to the topic.

Man I need to paint my gun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I read several reviews on painting airsoft guns altho i'd first like to state the guns being painted had plastic stock and a metal barrel, they cut a neat design out of thick paper like construction then used it to cover the stock from dark to light it was a design like dark leaves which i thought was pretty neat. plus since their was so many customs such as the dark leave print and the cutting of the paper their was virtually no chance of them copying or being copied by other people

·
Registered
299 Posts
I picked up a few plastic plants from Michael's (a craft store). I just bought one "fern" and one viny leafy thingy then snipped all the individual strands/leaves from the stalk. Then laid it out and spray painted over the whole thing. After it dried, I picked them all up and put them in a plastic bag for next time.

A problem I noticed when I use real vegetation for painting was it gets coated fast and then stops being a less defined mark on the rifle. Plastic solved that for me. In my experience, the cut outs provided definition that was TOO sharp though.

However, painting a rifle is an art. You might have better luck at a different technique than I. It's mostly trial and error. Try painting something else first...like a shovel or rake or bike or laptop...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.