Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was over at the local airsoft store yesterday, and he told me how there will be no more JG or Echo1 MP5s coming into his store.

Apparantly, H&K has won, and now only licenced guns will be made for airsoft.

I went on the net, and its confirmed. Echo1 does not have any MP5s on their site. Additionally it seems that Evike issued a press release via Facebook saying that the 2000 guns they have in stock is it, and there will be no more.

So, got my MP5 today.

I know this will extend to the G36 but Im not sure what other guns will be effected. I dont know if they can jerk the 416, er 614 as its pretty much an M4 platform. However, if youve been wanting a fair priced Chinese clone H&K model, you may not have much time left before your paying 250$ or more for your gun, just for trades.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would expect this means no imports, but the chinese are pirates and have no respect for patents. So they will continue to make them "if there is a market that will let them in"

This is an opinion gained from watching my father do business with the chinese.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ouch. Its a good thing I don't plan on getting an MP5 or a G36.

But If this pertains to other gun types, I might have to stop buying airsoft guns. :'(

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, there's still Uramax right?

As for the guns, I'm pretty sure you would be able to get them at Hong Kong stores until they're out of supplies. They would still want to make a profit from what they've purchased.

As for tuxedopenguin's comments.. I'm a Hong Kong-er and I agree with you, but ~ouch~!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh god dont let wonko see this, if H&K is doing all there guns that means his psg-1 price is going to get higher. Well I hope it is not all there guns because there are a lot there is the mp5, g96, mp7, psg-1, as well as a few I cant think of. Lets hope they stop at those two guns.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well as far as I know, KWA just made a deal with H&K, and thats a great thing.

However my concern is over the MP5, MP5K and the 416. I kinda like JG guns and I really dont care if there is a trademark on the side or not. I just like the general look and feel.

But now, I wont be able to get the good ol' dependable 125$ JG mp5 that runs like a top. Nope, I have to buy a Umarex POS and hope that they chose a good maker, just because it has the name on the side. And unless you make it with the name on the side, you cant make it at all.

Dont get me wrong. I love the company H&K. And Im a bussiness owner. I understand protecting what you make and making money off of what is rightly your own. But dang it, I love an inexpensive quality product that facilitates my having fun. And the JG and Echo1 MP5 were that item.

So I rushed a sale on ASGI and got (I think) the last cheap JG MP5 they had. But Ive got freinds who wanted to do the same thing, and I dont know if they will be able to or not.

Bussiness sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.