Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. So, I've got my hop-up adjusted, it's not flying up or anything. But, heres the issue. My .36g BB's are flying LEFT? Wtf? I have a EDGI 6.01mm. I can't seem to solve this issue, I got the bucking installed correctly and everything. I have E tape to hold the barrel spacers. Why is it shooting left??

·
Registered
807 Posts
How dramatic is it? Is it hooking at 25', 50'? When I was using a 6.01 in my ASR (a DBcustom) I was having simmilar issues, it was hooking up and right at ~125'. I solved it with a combination of BB weight and shimming the arm... then I decided to get a 6.03

Edit:

Oh! I also changed the bucking and made a custom hop up nub. What bucking are you using?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the hop up screws?

I recently got my rifle's PDI chamber somewhat figured out (I know guys, I have an HP on the way, and shouldn't be picking fights with the PDI chamber, but I am starting one up again), and have had better results. Nub in centered, bucking is aligned, and screws are actually adjusting the hop up to compensate for left and right curve. However, the right screw is definitely loose, as it keeps curving more and more right after each shot. Some blue loctite should solve the problem.

Are you able to get some straight shots, then all of a sudden a few curve shots? If so, could be the screws loosening up on you.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I honestly just have it. It sounds like Bob had a similar issue. I'm not saying you're not right, I'm waiting to see what Bob has to say, as he had the same issue with the same gun. We shall wait and see, I'll keep you all posted :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Since I'm not sure what "rig" you're wondering about specifically, I'll touch on all of them, first I should just say that in this process I used a number of barrel combinations with both the stock hop up unit and the APS2 unit that I am using now. The barrels I used with varying degrees of success were the stock barrel, DBCustom 6.01, CA 6.04 and I am now using a Madbull V2 6.03. All of the barrels were polished and waxed and were between 436mm (I think this is the stock length) and 460. The current Madbull V2 I am using is the AK length (I believe it is 455mm).

1. BB weight: self explanatory. I got varying weights from .28 to .43 from a few manufacturers. Then I spent a day cleaning all of them using the same method and shot to see which was more accurate with the set up I was using at the time.

2. Shimming the hop up arm: Basically I followed vindis DMR guide and went to the hardware store and got a few sheets of varying thicknesses and checked to see which would work best to center the arm. This meant putting a shim on both sides. Thankfully shimming the arm on spring rifles is much easier than say on an M16 chamber.

3. Bucking: I experimented with a few different buckings on my ASR including the stock bucking, Firefly, Guarder soft, Guarder stiff and TM stock buckings. The one that gave me the most trouble was the firefly. At first I didn't think this could be the case because everyone raves about how great they are (on other forums etc.) so this is when I started experimenting with the nub as well.

I held the barrel and hop up unit up to a light and noticed the firefly nubs on the inside were spreading in different directions and were most likely the cause of much curving, so I ultimately replaced it with a Guarder stiff bucking and have never looked back, its amazing. I am also running that in my G36 DMR.

4. Custom hop up nub: This is the trickiest of the bunch. Once I started getting better results with the Guarder bucking I again adjusted the hop up while looking through the barrel and noticed that the nub was not seating properly. I decided to try my hand at doing something similar to Vindis custom nubs in his DMR guide:

a. I first uninstalled everything and went to my local hardware store and picked out a piece of brass bar that fit evenly in the semi circular cut out on the hop up arm.

b. I then cut off about 1" of the bar and made a makeshift lathe out of a power drill and bought some cheap small files and made an H-Nub style nub. When sizing the "V" in the nub I kept a BB close by and tried to make the "V" wide enough that the nub contacted the BB approximately 1/4 of the way in on each side of the BB. I then took the half round file and made the "V" more into a "U" so that ideally when the bucking is in between the nub and the BB there would be a stronger contact on either side of the BB instead of in the middle (the Guarder bucking has an even bump that runs through the barrel cut out).

c. Once I had this done I fit it to the hop up arm using some hot glue and making sure that it was centered on the arm(I was originally planning to use something more permanent, but the hot glue worked well enough and everything in there is so tight anyway...) As long as its centered on the arm, and the arm is centered with the shims, it should be centered on the BB, at the very least making it shoot consistant if not straight.

Of all of these I would say the nub had the greatest effect on everything. Would it work with a 6.01 barrel? I don't know, but it's worth a shot, worst case you're just going to pull it off and put the old nub back in there or get an SCS or an H-nub.

Hope this helps, any other questions just let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.