Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I run the modify x range 65 degree bucking, it is way way better than the original maple leaf autobot.

However, I've been hearing a lot about the maple leaf 2021 MR hop and am wondering if its better or worse than the modify x-range bucking. Has anyone compared the two?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I lose lile 20-30 fps with the mr-hop vs the 2021 autobot. No idea why.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The gbb/vsr Mr hop is reported to be a few mm shorter so can have airseal issues. (This was at product launch may now be fixed may not)

The AEG version ironically can have feed lips that are a mm or so two long. (Causing feed issues in some hop units)

I'm using the AEG version in an l96 and it's working fantastically so far.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Has anyone compared the two?
I've tested X-range, ML MrHOP 2021 & Autobot 2021. Autobot 2021 & X-Range are working great and similar (very good) bb trajectory. ML MrHOP 2021 was the worse among those (I've noticed that bbs (0.48gr) were going straight & a steep vertical flight path towards sky). Οld version MrHop was much better than the new one. I was using the old MrHop for two years. Now I am using the X-range.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
As others have said the initial release of the MR hop was marred by poor air seal issues in the GBB/VSR range.
However, the AEG versions didn't seem to have this issue and in my Type 96 with the AA Hop it was a beast.
This may have been also due to me PTFE taping the hop on all my buckings but it performed admerably.

Having used nearly the entire AEG range of ML buckings, the MR Hop was my favorite PERSONALLY.

However, many folks here have had conflicting results and tend to lean towards X-Range and Flamingo which are both on my list to purchase for my AAC T-11.

In fact I have the 70 Deg MR Hop arriving this week for my T11 along with Stalker's new SR Hop to try it against.

If you were going off the views of the vast majority of snipers here, they'd lean towards the X-Range I'd imaging.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I’m waiting to order the X Range and through some issues with my rifle I’ve currently got the 70deg MR Silicone on the Morpheus.
I’ve got a game this Sunday but currently it fires like an absolute beast.
I’ll keep you posted.

The following week I’ve got a game at my usual site and will use the SR Hop that game.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I've currently got a Flamingo 2021 installed, gonna test it out this sunday and see how it performs.
I was looking to get the Flamingo when it first released way back.
But i heard it was shockingly bad, I'd be interested to hear if the newer version is any good.

Reactions: Greendore1

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
Yeah I heard the originals were really bad but the 2021 versions are getting rave reviews.
Guess I’ll add that to my shopping list too then!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Guess I’ll add that to my shopping list too then!!
I upgraded my spring guide and spring today, everything fitted fine, chrono was good, then out of no where I got a massive air leak from the front of the gun, this super confused me as the front of the gun was untouched. I took hop up apart and made sure the flamingo was on properly and hadn't split, everything was fine, added some teflon and the airleak was sort of fixed... Then the gun was double feeding... I've just took it out and put my mr hop 2021 back in, I have a game on sunday and I don't want to be messing around with it!

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I upgraded my spring guide and spring today, everything fitted fine, chrono was good, then out of no where I got a massive air leak from the front of the gun, this super confused me as the front of the gun was untouched. I took hop up apart and made sure the flamingo was on properly and hadn't split, everything was fine, added some teflon and the airleak was sort of fixed... Then the gun was double feeding... I've just took it out and put my mr hop 2021 back in, I have a game on sunday and I don't want to be messing around with it!
Ouch, maybe just unlucky pal. Hope it’s working now! I’ve got a game Sunday myself and I really want to try this Stalker SR hop bucking.

However, it’s firing perfectly with the 70 degree MR silicone bucking, on 0.43s with insane range so I’ll savour the working gun for the moment.

I will say the Morpheus barrel in my T11 sounds absolutely horrifying with out a suppressor though.
It genuinely sounds like satans whip cracking.
It strikes fear into my heart and I’m the one firing it!!
Thankfully

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ouch, maybe just unlucky pal. Hope it’s working now! I’ve got a game Sunday myself and I really want to try this Stalker SR hop bucking.

However, it’s firing perfectly with the 70 degree MR silicone bucking, on 0.43s with insane range so I’ll savour the working gun for the moment.

I will say the Morpheus barrel in my T11 sounds absolutely horrifying with out a suppressor though.
It genuinely sounds like satans whip cracking.
It strikes fear into my heart and I’m the one firing it!!
Thankfully
I just refitted it and its now working again! Very very strange. I'm gonna take a spare bucking with me to AP on Sunday just incase it decides to play up again.

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
I just refitted it and its now working again! Very very strange. I'm gonna take a spare bucking with me to AP on Sunday just incase it decides to play up again.
Is that Airsoft Plantation?
I'm looking to get to other sites in the UK in the near future.
Looks like an epic site, about 100 miles away for me.
Hope it's working as intended for the game pal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is that Airsoft Plantation?
I'm looking to get to other sites in the UK in the near future.
Looks like an epic site, about 100 miles away for me.
Hope it's working as intended for the game pal.
The Flamingo 60 2021 is now my go to rubber, everyshot was dead straight, no random curves or flyers, it was 100% spot on!

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
The Flamingo 60 2021 is now my go to rubber, everyshot was dead straight, no random curves or flyers, it was 100% spot on!
Awesome mate, I played with my MR 70 Deg today and my new Morpheus Barrel.
It was brilliant.
Just wrote a mini review on my other post.
When i have some energy after work this week, I'm going to try out the new Stalker "SR Hop" which I received.

I regretfully bought an 80 Deg but I'm sure it'll be just fine with my .48's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts