Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new silicone buckings look promising, being of the same material as an rhop. I understand a thread was made earlier, but has anyone had hands on experience with the new bucking? I'm thinking about replacing the bucking in my m24 and am curious what results people have gotten. Looks like they're 10 bucks on airsoft atlanta.

·
Super Moderator
3,672 Posts
They are not the same material as an rhop. the original version is from EPDM, the I variant is silicone tubing.

While very close to the same, they are different.

Though to answer your question, yes they work quite well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I happen to have a 2021 60° Decepticon in my box 'o hops.

As soon as the Autobot in my ssx dies, I'll slap that bad boy in and see how it fares :D
It was supposed to go in my AAPs but I've gone for "standard" 50 and 60° Decepticons instead.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad plazmaburn, I just saw that it was made of a silicone material, and assumed it was similar to the silicone patches used in rhops.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got a 70deg 2021 autobot in my VSR rn. Seems to be doing really well. Best setup I've used so far, but I also changed a lot of things before this (like installing a one piece masada arm.)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One last thing: should I be more cautious regarding the bucking hardness? Will a 60 degree work for around a 500 fps system (m150 spring in an A&K m24)? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,672 Posts
Should be fine. I use a 60 with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts