Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble getting that small right hop up screw in tight for the PDI hop up chamber, as it keeps adjusting itself. It works beautifully for around three or four shots, before slowing adjusting itself, to the point where shots are going straight up to the right

I am sure there is a way to fix this, but I am just too busy to work much with it anymore. I found this hop up chamber: http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1371

Looks similar to the original hop up chamber, only it can take aeg barrel and buckings. This is a huge plus in my mind. Has anyone had any experience with it? I have only seen limited information so far, and just wanted to know what you guys know ;)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the same time though, I cannot fix up those hop up screws on my PDI chamber, so this should be a huge improvement. I actually liked the stock chamber on the mk96, with the exception of the fact that I could not stick in an aeg barrel and bucking.

I am going to put the SCS nub in this HB hop up, with a new aeg bucking, and my prommy barrel. I think I can wield some solid results.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely will. This is basically my last ditch effort with this rifle. I love it to pieces, but I just cannot seem to get it shooting the way I want it to.

Cross your fingers!

Edit: Just found out that the site I was planning on ordering from is in Hong Kong. $16 bucks for shipping

Would not be a problem if I was making a bulk order. Might have to wait and see what else I need first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually own one of these in my MK96, i my opinion out of the box it was O.K due to the fact that the hop up arm (U shaped part of it) hadn't been milled correctly but was a 5 minute fix with a small circular file. After that fix, i am now able to get a good 230ft of range with my 363mm barrel (7/10 shots hit) (madbull 6.03 (sucks)) keep in mind its a body sized target though. if you need any more info, i'd be glad to PM you the specs.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
danxd said:
I actually own one of these in my MK96, i my opinion out of the box it was O.K due to the fact that the hop up arm (U shaped part of it) hadn't been milled correctly but was a 5 minute fix with a small circular file. After that fix, i am now able to get a good 230ft of range with my 363mm barrel (7/10 shots hit) (madbull 6.03 (sucks)) keep in mind its a body sized target though. if you need any more info, i'd be glad to PM you the specs.
Thank you for your help. Its nice to know someone has had some success with it.

However, we have standards here as far as spelling and grammar go. Your intro was perfect, but you have started to slip up. Capitalize the "I"s and first letter of each sentence.

Thank you.

Edit: Could you tell me where you got this hop up unit from? Only site I have seen it selling was in Hong Kong, and shipping is almost the same price as the hop up unit itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah sorry, tend not to capitalize my I's... bad habit :-[ but yeah i bought mine with quite a few other items to make the shipping cost worth it. (I HATE SHIPPING COSTS)

And I apologize if I am missing some letters in some words, it is due to the fact that my computer is old and the keyboard is almost shot. (I have to press the space button twice and a few other keys) However the I's were my fault and will be taken into consideration in future posts.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BIG update from the dead!

I finally ordered one of these, and it should be arriving within a couple weeks or so. I will post a update on how things went with this, and what kind of results I was able to get. I am tired of playing games with my PDI chamber. I actually want to be able to hit a few people with my rifle this summer. ::)

Check here soon.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing is I do not think the screws are the problem on the PDI hop up. I have some loctite but never used it because I didn't think the screws were the problem. No matter how they are adjusted it is curve up right. Not even a little bit of a change and when it does, its for one or two shots and then back skipping up to the right.

And yes, it is the l96 PDI hop up.

You think some loctite would affect/change my results?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry to be late to the party.

I never get E-mail notices that threads that Im involved with are getting replies. I dont know why that is.

But yes, i think locktite will improve your results with the PDI.

And Now that you have your new chamber, im excited to see what results you get.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How would the loctite improve the results? I am asking because with the PDI hop up, I am not even able to see any afffects of adjusting the hop up. Always a curve right no matter how I adjust them. Its not just the screws readjusting themselves, but its mainly a matter of having the adjustments do anything at all.

And this new chamber is a pain in the ass to install. I have several problems with it already, but without being able to find any guides, I am taking a stab in the dark. Will update soon if I can get the gosh darn thing together.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Double post update.......

Well guys, you are never going to believe it, but I took one shot after I had this puppy assembled, and the o-ring busted.

I now have a hop up chamber with a o-ring ripped to complete shreads...and after only one shot.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Man, bad streak of luck !

I thought you had a problem getting the PDI to stay adjusted. So thats why I reccomended the Locktite. Other than helping the screws stay where you put them, no, it wouldnt really help you that much.

Sorry to hear about your new chamber.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, that makes sense. Yeah, the PDI hop up refuses to adjust in any sort of way. Constant curve to the right no matter what.

And yeah, terrible terrible terrible luck. One shot, and already a problem. I contacted Gunner Airsoft and asked them if they had any replacement parts, advice on how to fix it, and if a refund would be negotiable.

Hopefully they will cooperate and help solve the problem. I am sure I can replace the o ring, but what are the chances of it happening again??

With my luck, I say 98%.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheese Man said:
Get stronger orings...

What are you using to get them in there?
The o-rings came pre-installed. Looked fine when I first checked out the chamber.

Edit: Was looking and comparing the HP hop up to the stock version, and noticed something that made literally no sense at all.

The stock hop up has the one arm, and a small gap where the nubbin goes. This gap is located at the spot where the nubbin goes over top of the bucking...just like in the PDI hop up. Makes sense, right?

Well the HP hop up has no "gap". There is literally no place for the nubbin to go so that its in the spot its supposed to be. That is, the nubbin cannot come into contact with the bucking. Its just one piece of metal. The arm cannot apply pressure to the bucking because there is a thick piece of metal in the way.

How on earth is that HP hop up supposed to work? ???

Pics:

HP HOP UP:

Notice how there is no way in hell that the arm and nubbin can apply pressure on the bucking. Its a large thing of metal, with no gap. ???

STOCK HOP UP:

The black hole is the spot where the nubbin goes on, and the black color is the bucking that is inside the chamber.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.