Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I have been debating whether or not to be nice or naughty. (it is almost the season)
. Maybe I just need to count to five, calm myself, resist the urge to club the person with my riffle whom I just shot AND HEARD THE BB HIT. Just take another shot I tell myself. Anyone else feeling the need to be naughty?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
When my group puts on a game we tell people... If you are only giving a head shot option then you are going to get shot in the head. But just put a few more shots into there body or sides so they know they are hit. If you make purposeful head shots you are only going to piss people off and not be invited back to play.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Honestly at any sort of range a "purposeful" headshot is a myth. I really haven't seen any pro players get mad about it...if they get hit in the ear, they'll swear a lot, but they don't blame the shooter unless it's a CQB type situation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Come on... who's kidding themselves here.. we all go for headshots (maybe not all the time, but..)!! There is nothing better than having some dude in your scope, and watching the BB bounce off their dome. Especially a shot with some distance... more often then not, people respect the shooter. If anything they're just mad they don't have the same accuracy

The comment about hitting someone in the ear though.. cracked me up!!! That was good stuff.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
feshfish34 said:
more often then not, people respect the shooter. If anything they're just mad they don't have the same accuracy
Not so in my case, one head shot I actually aimed for, all you could see of him was his left arm supporting an M14 and his head, was quite a feat in itself, it was shot it up hill, using the shoulder of my spotter as support while under constant incoming fire all at 350fps using my VSR. Both me and my spotter witnessed it bounce off the top of his head, and him then look up turn and start engaging us then, to which my spotter returned fire with full auto to suppress him till we were out of range...... anyhow the mission ended and we managed to take the bunker complex, but immediately after the game endex I was pinged by not 1, not 2, but 3 marshals all mob handed wanting me to chrono my rifle and check it was doing under 350fps as per there rules, which it was as thats the limit at my local site, should mention here my team is very nomadic as to where it plays, and this was an away game, I explained to them that I only use .28s not ***** boy .2s and they were happy that was the reason the above noddy had moaned I had an over power rifle, which I of coarse didn't ;)

Back on topic and slight rant out the way..... if its all thats on show, its all I'm going to aim at ;) if it hits so much the better..... after all they probably wouldn't think twice in showering you with 24 gazillion BBs if they were inside your MED ::)

·
Registered
15 Posts
vindicareassassin said:
Not so in my case, one head shot I actually aimed for, all you could see of him was his left arm supporting an M14 and his head, was quite a feat in itself, it was shot it up hill, using the shoulder of my spotter as support while under constant incoming fire all at 350fps using my VSR. Both me and my spotter witnessed it bounce off the top of his head, and him then look up turn and start engaging us then, to which my spotter returned fire with full auto to suppress him till we were out of range...... anyhow the mission ended and we managed to take the bunker complex, but immediately after the game endex I was pinged by not 1, not 2, but 3 marshals all mob handed wanting me to chrono my rifle and check it was doing under 350fps as per there rules, which it was as thats the limit at my local site, should mention here my team is very nomadic as to where it plays, and this was an away game, I explained to them that I only use .28s not ***** boy .2s and they were happy that was the reason the above noddy had moaned I had an over power rifle, which I of coarse didn't ;)
My point exactly; he was just mad that he couldn't out range you, and you pop'd him... NICE SHOT! Course the girly man should've called himself out after you punked him, and he didn't call his "hit". Did you let the marshall's know this?? If he hated you (only shooting 350 with .28's); he'd sure as hell love me.. (485 fps with .43's)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
feshfish34 said:
Did you let the marshall's know this??
Yep, but he was a local, and me being an 'outsider/mecenary', I can safley say that the issue never got mentioned ::)

Its happened a number of times to us as a team, because 9 times out of 10 we are the 'strangers in a strange land' so to speak, its one of several down sides, but its also nice as we have a vast amount of game play knowledge from playing at different sites, it also puts the shites up the locals because we tend to fight that little bit more aggresively, and get things achieved in shorter times than they do, and it leaves them a bit slack jawed
infact we, as a team, were actually banned from 1 site for 'over enthusiastic play', all been resolved now, but it does mean we have to swap sides at dinner time to make it even ;) and thats happened at more than 1 other site we frequent regularly to
..... happened again last weekend infact

·
Registered
15 Posts
So lets hear about some of those headshots my fellow snipers; as I know you have a "memorable" shot.

Mine was.. I was directly across from this asian guy (who didn't speak english.. no offense to anyone) approximately 150-175 ft away; and he was facing where the attacking team was advancing from... (so he wasn't even looking my direction), I dialed him in through the ole' scope.. and pulled the trigger.

I tracked the BB as it smacked his cheek bone, and he literally "FLOPPED/DROPPED" over (like a cartoon), and started screaming in his native tongue.. LOL. The best part; we were playing with a medic, and the poor medic came over to provide (fake) aid... well I pop'd him right in the back of the dome!!!

I haven't been able to get that image out of my head, course not sure that I want to either. LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
I never try to aim at the head if I can...it's kind of cruel. I mean you have to shoot what you have to shoot, but I would say most of us are packing some pretty powerful rifles in terms of energy. Especially if you hit them in the face area...risky business. I may be playing against someone, but...no urge to hurt them. Plus depending on if their goggles are up to snuff, you could cause some serious damage there.
That being said, I did think it was funny when I had to put a shot on someone's head. It was a little skirmish and we were all buddies, so afterward he complimented me on my shot. When he went to point out where I had nailed him, he realized my bb was still lodged in the headband of his boonie! Pulled it out and gave it back with a "I think this is yours."

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fesh, intentionally aiming for the head is something that is extremely shunned upon. Not to mention your gross disregard for the safety of others with your ridiculously overpowered replica.

You need to seriously reconsider things and stop posting about your dangerous and vindictive behavior.

Headshots happen. A true sportsman will apologize when their bb gets a little too much hop on it and slams into an opponents head, a sadist intentionally aims for the face.

Don't aim for the head, it's dangerous, teeth can be lost, and if by chance your opponent is wearing sub par goggles, permanent damage could be done to the eyes. Think before you shoot, you wouldn't want to be on the receiving and and lose half a tooth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tex said:
Fesh, intentionally aiming for the head is something that is extremely shunned upon. Not to mention your gross disregard for the safety of others with your ridiculously overpowered replica.

You need to seriously reconsider things and stop posting about your dangerous and vindictive behavior.

Headshots happen. A true sportsman will apologize when their bb gets a little too much hop on it and slams into an opponents head, a sadist intentionally aims for the face.

Don't aim for the head, it's dangerous, teeth can be lost, and if by chance your opponent is wearing sub par goggles, permanent damage could be done to the eyes. Think before you shoot, you wouldn't want to be on the receiving and and lose half a tooth.
WHOA.. WHOA.. I beg your pardon; I NEVER SAID that I intentionally would go for peoples heads, and yes... my rifle is ridiculously overpowered. How dare you tell me that I am an "unsafe" player.. "Listen here Catdaddy, you don't even know who I am or how I play... and until you do both, don't judge me POTNA. I completely understand the power of my rifle, and have the up most respect for it, and the damage it can do.

I'm not the one that posted hitting a person in an unprotected area would feel it more.. you gonna jump that dudes a$$?? If you noticed when I told my story.. I was 150'-175' + away from the dude when I pop'd him..

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
feshfish34 said:
Tex said:

WHOA.. WHOA.. I beg your pardon; I NEVER SAID that I intentionally would go for peoples heads, and yes... my rifle is ridiculously overpowered. How dare you tell me that I am an "unsafe" player.. "Listen here Catdaddy, you don't even know who I am or how I play... and until you do both, don't judge me POTNA. I completely understand the power of my rifle, and have the up most respect for it, and the damage it can do.

I'm not the one that posted hitting a person in an unprotected area would feel it more.. you gonna jump that dudes a$$?? If you noticed when I told my story.. I was 150'-175' + away from the dude when I pop'd him..
I was not talking about popping somebody in the head from 20 feet, i was talking about people far away. also, people with bad protection is their fault not mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
silentfury214 said:
I was not talking about popping somebody in the head from 20 feet, i was talking about people far away. also, people with bad protection is their fault not mine.
Never said you were talking about popping from 20 feet out.. I knew what you meant. The last couple of dudes were taking things WAY out of context, and act like they've never enjoyed delivering a head shot.. (sure your concerned, but when you see the person you hit is okay with... it's all good).

I do like what you said.. about them not wearing adequate protection.. it's not your fault.. AMEN! This is an at risk sport people; keep that in mind

·
Registered
346 Posts
No worries guys, it was just a misunderstanding. In future, feshfish, just specify that you didn't intentionally go for the headshot. If you enjoyed the novelty of it after the fact when you knew that no harm was done, that's a different matter. I'm sure you can see why Tex would draw that conclusion when you seem so excited about those shots and the player's pained reaction to the first one.

Airsoft actually has the lowest injury rate of any sport ;) Partly due to the high standards and emphasis both fields and organizers put on safety gear. (that, or nothing gets reported...
)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.