Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the Javelin Gun Works .36's for my UTG L96 and they shoot pretty accurate, I think. These bbs are a dark green and are very hard to see unless the background is really contrasting, and since I play in forests, that doesn't happen too often. This is a huge pain in my ass because I was barely able to sight it in (i think) and now I still can't adjust my shots for wind or drop. So I looked around to find some heavy bbs that are a lighter color, and there aren't any?... I anything over .30 is not white and is usually a dark color, which I don't want, so I am wondering: why are there no white bbs over .30 and where can I get some bbs over .30 that are a light enough color so I can see them? Right now I'm looking at the madbull .4's that are a tannish color on Shorty USA but wanted to check here if there was a better option. Any and all answers are appreciated!

·
Registered
909 Posts
The MadBull 0.40g's aren't too hard to see. My old SVD's cope was tinted yellow and I could still see the tan ammo fine almost everytime unless it was VERY bright (didn't happen often because the woods shaded everything a good bit.) I'd try those if I were you unless you have something very light in the background that you can sight it in with (I have a tan garage that could probably work). Personally though, I like to watch my shot go through the air and hit the person.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the madbull .4s like stated the color isn't too hard to see. I think once it gets way out there they get harder to track but that's understandable. I'd recommend them, I used to roll with their .43s and couldn't see them to save my life.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I use madbull .4s. They have since swithced from tan to a darker orangish color, that some may still argue are tan. It is really a mix of both, and works extremely well. I love em, and have used them for 4+ years now.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Is there any noticeable difference between your 550 or 380 setup?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why are people such weinie's about being able to "see" where their round goes! Damn it's a war nothings perfect shoot and move and hope you prepared better than the next guy. Make sure your kit is right before game on and you don't need to see it you know where it's going. Stop being lazy.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Why are people such weinie's about being able to "see" where their round goes! Damn it's a war nothings perfect shoot and move and hope you prepared better than the next guy. Make sure your kit is right before game on and you don't need to see it you know where it's going. Stop being lazy.
No, it is not war...It is fricken airsoft bro. The fact that you even compare airsoft to "war" is just plain stupid.

With that said, being able to see your rounds help a ton. In games where wind is a extreme factor, being able to compensate for shots helps a ton. I don't plan to miss, but when I do, I learn from it, compensate, and hit the next time. Has nothing to do with not being prepared for the game ahead of time.

Also has nothing to do with being lazy...

·
Registered
140 Posts
And if it was war we'd be 3x as far away and still be able to see the flightpath.

·
Registered
384 Posts
:funny: x 2

I like to see where my BB goes so I can yell out "Call your hits bro!" >:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Quality matters more, but assuming the same quality, the heavier the BB the more accurate your shots become.
There are several brands over 0.30g which are great (i.e. madbull.)

The issue as previously stated is the color of the heavier BBs :O
I use green 0.36g and THOSE are darn near impossible to track in the open... let alone a grassy field :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Madbull makes biobbs?

Also, while i'm fairly neutral on the topic of madbulls. But every bottle of their .4s i have bought are chalk full of death stars. Your telling me that people will still get better results despite that?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Washed 0.40g Madbull BB's :yup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Goldenball 0.4g, just don't use them on over 500 fps and you should see them quite fine, or just zero the scope, count how many seconds it takes for a bb to fly there and estimate wind from trees on your path of flight. :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.