Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Andy

Call sign: (On-line) Deviant, (In field) Green sniper, as in "Oi Green sniper, shoot that bloke over there for me!"

Experience: (military) none. (airsoft) about 5 skirmishes over the past 2 years.

Guns: Primary "Kermit" a two tone green (I'm not ukara registered) DE M50, with 3-9X40 Gamo scope. Secondary a crappy DE p99 EBB pistol which I've fired once in anger and regretted it straight away!, current I am eye balling a NBB USP to replace it.

Camo: Kermit sports a mix of home made sniper tape, ghillie wrap and some of my girl friends OD hair bands to attach natural flora. I'm currently making a Ghillie blanket that clips to the vest I use, so I can easily make a tactical removal.
the rational being at the local site I play at, there is a "castle"which when defending, I noticed a full ghillied sniper get hit out straight away. afterward I found out that the opposing sniper had spotted him straight away ("either the Marshall's have planted a shrubbery or thats sniper at the ramparts!"). All the expertly made ghillie did was provide on target wind data to the sniper stalking him!

Spotter: I currently mainly play as a lone wolf. I have had 2 people "spot" for me in the past. the first was a kid who had played too much call of duty, and kept yelling "SNIPER, SHOOT THE GUY OVER THERE, THE ONE WITH THE M60!!" surprisingly relocated when he was on route to the Regen point.
My other spotter was a guy i regularly play with, he was great, and a medic! But he was also our teams door kicker, so I normally only get him after he has been lit up a few times and has become bit "BB shy".

other than airsoft: I play rainbow six Vegas on-line (the people on the server have no idea why I am more interested in my accuracy than my total kills!). Guitar and I play Warmachine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the tall grass: Oddly my mate that does field archery was tempted to do that with some COD kids that weren't taking there hits!
I'll keep doing my research on side arms and see what else there is on offer!

Fuzzy: Thanks for the welcome. I typically get about 3-6 kills per game on-line, generally sniping from a concealed location up high. Normally just behind a typical "on-line sniper" who pokes their barrel out of the window, I use them as a "Cold Charlie"!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.