Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Mike. I've lived here in the Austin Tx area for my whole life I'm just over 45yrs old,I've been toying around with airsoft for about the last year.The inexpensive airsoft guns are a definate waste of time and money:yup:. So, I picked up my first real airsoft sniper rifle Dragonov 2 days ago. The one thing that has me just a bit confused is how do the sights line up on this rifle. Does the "V" in the rear sight sit at the bottom of the circle in the front sight?? I'm going to be adding a scope in the near future,due to old man eyes. Speaking of scopes I've got 2 different types of scope. One of them is a non-variable 3x9 the other is a Nikon 3x9x32 BDC Milldot 500yd variable that I kept from a deer rifle that I recently owned.The Nikon I was thinking about using also was thinking that it's over kill for just 200-300 ft, but the optics are fantastic, in the other hand the non-variable (forget name) 3x9 would work also since it's under 100yrds the optics in it are still good after many years(at least 20 yrs). what are your thoughts. Since, I'm going to be sharp shooting, there is never enough scope........:tup: Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ahoy there, and welcome aboard! It's a pleasure to have more enthusiastic members! I'm afraid that I will be no help with the SVD iron-sight picture, but I would suggest putting the cheaper scope on your rifle, since there's always the odd chance that you'll get shot in the lens or scratch it crawling about.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Welcome to the forums buddy. I honestly know nothing about the Svd either. As for the scope. I use a 3-9x40 and its about all I need. Its nice to have the zoom so you can get a closer look and scan the area etc.. Its really up to what one works better for you. I dont like a non variable scope on my rifles. Dont worry, there are Svd guys here on the forums. Someone will be able to help in to time buddy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not knowing any thing about the rifle is fine the scope question is getting good answers, any little bit helps. I got the sighting confusion taken care of I think, The front sight post was screwed down. Now it's visible. all makes sence on both topics thanks. I'll keep minor updates. Thanks so far...

·
Registered
744 Posts
I wouldn't worry about using the sights so much on your SVD. In airsoft you mostly look over the top of them. You can get some East German night sights which wi help for faster target aquisition here. www.aa-ok.com. I have some, but haven't installed them yet. They gave SVD/Dragunov optics and rails. If you decide to just get a rail, I highly suggest to get the "Low" model. A POSP will be the best looking scope, hands down though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.