Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Martin Grim and I've been interested in airsoft sniping for several years now. I bought myself a UTG m324 (I think gen 3?) years back, but never knew anything about upgrades. I played with my brother and cousins but was never allowed to use my rifle because they felt the range was an unfair advantage, so I just fought their AEGs with a spring pistol I had.

I really started learning about what sniping was and what it required of the shooter as far as tactics go and decided that I was in love with it. I felt I had the patience to really make it work and so I started studying sniper theory briefly. Unfortunately my family got bored and quit a few months into it so I did as well. I was also rocking about 260 LBS so I was very self conscious about playing with others which was another contributing factor.

I got re-acquainted with airsoft about a week ago and I can feel the passion rekindling. But all in all I know very little about the differences in guns and their workings, which is why I decided to join this forum after checking it out for a few days. I've never played on a team (or in a real game for that matter) and I'm planning on changing that soon. >:D

I live in California in the central valley and I study Natural Medicine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuzzywolly said:
Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us. Check out the various sections pertaining to various rifles, and you will find everything you need! If not, feel free to ask us!
Yea I was browsing the different rifle threads and I'm liking the idea of using the Well MB08 as a platform for upgrading on. Now this question is going to sound noobish but bear with me: if the MB08 is a l96 clone, does that mean I can use l96 style parts for upgrades to the MB08? I'm new to the terminology and how upgrading works, so if there's a thread on upgrading basics just point me in that direction and I'll figure it out from there

EDIT: Also, my M324 is pretty old and isn't very powerful anymore. Should I bother replacing/upgrading the parts? Or should I sacrifice it to learn more about the inner workings of rifles?

·
Registered
354 Posts

MB08 is type 96 compatible except for barrel spacers and threaded adapter.

And dont every let your weight or physical appearance stop you from doing what you love, depending on your location you may chatch some Sh** for even wanting to be a airsoft sniper, but I would encourage you to persue it. Anyone can shoot someone out with an AEG, it takes skill to use a BASR (bolt action sniper rifle)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Physical apperance really doesn`t matter. But you know in life you got to deal with trolls. By the way where do you play. I live in SoCal and I play in Warped Ops and CPP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nelsonho396 said:
Welcome to the forum. Physical apperance really doesn`t matter. But you know in life you got to deal with trolls. By the way where do you play. I live in SoCal and I play in Warped Ops and CPP.
Well at the moment I don't play anywhere, too little gear rofl. I live in Exeter which is about an hour from Fresno (and right next to Visalia which apparently made the top 10 most polluted cities in the US recently lawl). I'm not too worried about my appearance anymore, I've dropped a lot of weight since I last played (studying Nutrition tends to cause you to stop eating bad foods >.> )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.