Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, names Matt. From the Bay Area and just recently have gotten into airsofting. Turning 18 very soon:yup: I'm planning on buying a Snow Wolf M24 as my first sniper rifle/gun and using that as a base to learn how to upgrade and get a feel for customizing a bit. I also play guitar, drums, am into aquatics (aquariums), sports, and knife collecting.

Wanted to start out with sniping as I have always had a preference to snipers over regular guns and I personally love the feel/sound of pulling a bolt back:lame:

I am hoping to get help from the community (forum) to my future upgrades, as well as pass any/all learned info. down to someone else in need in the future:yup:

Thanks! Please read my Snow Wolf M24 Upgrade Help thread btw pleasee!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Welcome to the mad house man :D

There are a ton of great people around here and a lot of very good info. Take some time and read around and get your rifle up and running like you need it to be.

Again welcome man.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I assume you're in the San Jose area. Check craigslist or go to AEX, Alekden Airsoft or DogTag, all of them have pretty good deals on used stuff. Craigslist is hit and miss, but I've had a few scores buying and selling airsoft stuff in this area, just gotta know what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Good to see a fellow aquarium enthusiast! My grandfather has passed on all his knowledge to me, right now I'm working on my second 75 gallon salt water!
Either way, enjoy your stay here and be sure to check out all of the sticky'd threads for massive amounts of good airsoft knowledge!
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :shot:

I also happen to be in Nor Cal as well, but a little more inland (San Ramon to be exact). I'd like go to Area 48 more often, so maybe we'll bump into each other and we can get a quality sniper squad going. But anywho, enjoy your time here and if you have any questions, there are plenty of knowledgeable people here that are bound to have an answer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a Takamine G320S and a Fender CD140SCE and basically listen to any kind of music. haha I'm not picky with that; it just has to sound nice and have a good rhythm.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those are pretty sweet guitars, I've been wanting to get my hands on an acoustic, but I've been using most of my money on airsoft gear. At the moment I have a Gibson SG (I bought it at guitar center an it was one of six total lefty guitars :doh:) and it sounds great, but there are some songs that I would definitely like to be able play on the acoustic guitar.

Good answer about the music, btw :tup:. I prefer to listen to certain types of music, but I'll play and listen to anything as long as there are good riffs to play and a nice rhythm or melody to listen to.

But anyways, welcome again and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are pretty sweet guitars, I've been wanting to get my hands on an acoustic, but I've been using most of my money on airsoft gear. At the moment I have a Gibson SG (I bought it at guitar center an it was one of six total lefty guitars :doh:) and it sounds great, but there are some songs that I would definitely like to be able play on the acoustic guitar.

Good answer about the music, btw :tup:. I prefer to listen to certain types of music, but I'll play and listen to anything as long as there are good riffs to play and a nice rhythm or melody to listen to.

But anyways, welcome again and enjoy the forum.
If you're interested.... I am thinking about selling my Fender CD140SCE.. lol probably a stretch though. It is a righty-cut off though so not sure that would do you much good:p

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I play as well. Taylor 314 CE, and a LP Standard With SD Blackout pickups. ^_^ My girlfriend wants a Takamine in the worst way possible, but I gave her my Taylor for now. She's in art school, so she likes having it around to keep her busy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I play as well. Taylor 314 CE, and a LP Standard With SD Blackout pickups. ^_^ My girlfriend wants a Takamine in the worst way possible, but I gave her my Taylor for now. She's in art school, so she likes having it around to keep her busy.
I still have yet to own a Taylor, or a Martin. But I understand your girlfriend, I've been craving a Takamine since I started playing a while ago and was so happy to get mine for only $160 shipped from Ebay in like new condition, and i mean not a scratch or defect on it at all! Whatta steal:shot:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I live 45 minutes from the Martin Guitar Factory. They are all over the place here. Personally don't like them, but they do have a nice finish on their guitars. I do like the matte black finish I've seen on some of the d-35's I think it was.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.