Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm Alex, callsign is bestia. I live in the western Russia, and played airsoft with different AEGs for several years.

Later, I discovered a world of airsoft sniping for myself and this is a second year of my bolt-action playing.

I own one custom-tuned KJW M700 with an external gas rig, and now got brand new Snow Wolf M24.

Using one self-made and one mass-produced ghillie suits.

Generally speaking, I'm so-called a "lurker", as I like reading technical articles and posts about tactics, concealment etc. much more than writing anything myself.

In a spare time, I work as computer programmer/software architect and .NET freak =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite popular, but thankfully not enough to become some sort of, you know, a part of pop-culture or such.

In recent years many people came to airsoft due to the fact that lots of affordable chinese aegs appear on the market.

Obviously, the west airsoft leader is the Moscow; now in summer there are at least two or three large events occur each weekend, scoring hundreds of players.

We also do not stop playing in winter. There are some commercial sites available to visit and play with field repair services, hot food, drinks etc. It is mostly abandoned (or just rented) factory buildings or even underground structures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bobgengeskahn said:
I'm jealous. Even here in the the states there aren't that many games in my area or even good players for that matter. Most of the players around here moved over from paintball. :-/
I can hardly say if paintball here is more popular than airsoft. Maybe even less )

In our case many people came, as we say, "just from the street", i.e. they have not played paintball or anything else like before (except computer games maybe).

I've found a link to blog with many cool photos. Sorry, text is in Russian, but photos are pretty self-explanatory. That event was happened in Feb 2010, but our team spend last winter nearly in the same way )

http://sdmobile.livejournal.com/21024.html

(And yes, this is the working car factory in Moscow!)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I played a match against a russian and polish team (in Ireland) who live in dublin. They all spoke russian and english so we had no idea what they were saying and they know what we were saying. Lol. They beat our team a good bit. I howver slaughtered a few with my L96. It was a damn good game.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bestia said:
bobgengeskahn said:
I'm jealous. Even here in the the states there aren't that many games in my area or even good players for that matter. Most of the players around here moved over from paintball. :-/
I can hardly say if paintball here is more popular than airsoft. Maybe even less )

In our case many people came, as we say, "just from the street", i.e. they have not played paintball or anything else like before (except computer games maybe).

I've found a link to blog with many cool photos. Sorry, text is in Russian, but photos are pretty self-explanatory. That event was happened in Feb 2010, but our team spend last winter nearly in the same way )

http://sdmobile.livejournal.com/21024.html

(And yes, this is the working car factory in Moscow!)
Wow that place looks awesome! Is their designated places to play in the factory or do you play in the whole factory? It would seem that the company wouldn't want any of the car making machines to break because that could cost a lot money...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very cool! I have been doing a VDV impression for the past 3 or so years and have friends that play that are originally from Russia/Belarus/Ukraine. I would love to one day in my travels try some games out in Russia, I wonder what their stance is on outsiders bringing highly realistic replicas into the country.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.