Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Nick aca Lycolus reporting in from the Netherlands here.

I have been playing airsoft for the last 2 / 3 years now and have heeded the warning of more advanced players to not start with a bolt action replica. But after borrowing one a couple of times i'm really digging the playstyle and here I am!

Currently I own a verry modified version of the JG g36c (I always planned to get a budget replica to learn all about the internals during upgrades), a highcappa 1911 and i'm looking into buying a Type 96 clone.

So far the forums have helped me with alot of advice so i thought i might aswell sign up and try to contribute were i can!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Welkom ;)

Yay! More Dutchies, hehe. Where do you generally play?

I started sniping a couple of months ago. Spring snipers are really easy to work on. Compared to a GBB or AEG a springer is very easy. Mods are easy, upgrades are easy. Upgrades can be expensive (don't have to be) and it takes time to tune it, but if you can upgrade an AEG then you can definitely upgrade a spring rifle as well ;)

I'd advise a well type 96 (mb01 or mb08, depending on what you want you could go with an mb04 or mb05 as well), the mb01 has a sturdier stock, but that's up to you really ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Cool to have you here! As Reliku just gave you a suggestion for a spring sniper, I'll give you two suggestions for gas snipers. First. If you are dead set on an l96 styled rifle, there is the G&G G96. I don't know too much about this gun, but I know that G&G makes some very solid base guns. Next, if you don't care all too much about the model, there is the KJW M700. This I happen to know a little something about. It is a very solid base gun, with a plethora of aftermarket upgrade and replacement parts available. Hope this helped!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the kinds words so far (and sugestions)! I'm thinking about the Well08 at the moment but my choice ain't dead set just yet.

@Reliku Generally at Airsoftevenementen - Ulicoten
@bobCat always nice when people get the reference :p

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
#include <cstdio>

int main()
{
printf("Hello, World!");
return 0;​
}

wrong place...? welcome!
What's with the cstdio? I learned it as #include <stdio.h>
But I've only been messing around with C for a couple of months now, am no expert ;)

Ulicoten, that's a decent distance away for me... but I know there's a couple of guys on the forum from that area so yeah, you're not alone :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea its quite a drive for me aswell but nofing closer actually haha, not to go off topic to much but seeing as you are from the netherlands aswell, what kind of bb's do you use and were do you get em? Cant find much heavyer then .30 thats bio :sadface:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
meh c++ is slightly different, but either <cstdio> and <stdio.h> work fine... just the way I learned it... Nice to see a few programmers here and there!
Never used c++, just c. Part of my study programme, hehe.

Lycolus, .3g is about the heaviest. I use .3g. You can get heavier though:

G&G makes .33g, but they're grey and hard to see Imho. I've used them, they're pretty good, but I prefer white bb's.

P&J makes .36g, but they're sketchy (not allowed on most fields) and they're black, impossible to see.

Valken also makes .36g, but they're expensive. 35 euros for a bottle of 2500. On top of that they're also grey I believe, but don't quote me on that. Reloadairsoft.nl sells bottles.

HPA makes .4g tan bio bb's, but apparently you have to order directly from HPA. They're $30 per bag of 2500 and then you still need to pay shipping from the US to NL which is expensive. They're supposed to be pretty good, I'm gonna order a few when I run out of my current supply of .3g :hehe:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts