Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Callsign: Lunchbox

Experience: 11 years of Airsoft, 9 years of airsmithing, 8 years of bolt-action usage. Currently appealing to the US Army Battalion boards to enter the Warrant Officer Flight Training program.

Arsenal: JG BAR-10, G&G SOC16, TM Mk23, PWD MR-30
Camo: Several patterns owned, homemade light ghillie (woodland)

Other hobbies: CNC machining, RC flight, aviation in general.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Welcome to the mad house my good man.

And just to make it clear........ you don't yet have that PWD MR30
Though it will be there soon enough

Glad to see another guy on the forum that enjoys RC things as well.

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of Death & Taxes' current projects is a UCAV. We're planning on installing a mini-strafer in a fixed wing RC model, total capacity ~200rds. I'll have a small aluminum tank onboard to supply the necessary ~25g of C02, the gun will actually form the spindle for the propeller . Motor will be offset and belt-drive the spindle. A small FPV system will be on-board for targeting, and for unarmed missions the camera mount will bolt in at a 90* angle to act as an orbiting camera (think AC130).

With ANY luck at all, we'll have the groundwork for the project laid later this moth (gotta train some pilots for her, too), and MAYBE, just maybe, will have her operational for Fulda Gap 2011.

·
Registered
361 Posts
200 rounds in a strafer will last all of what a second and a half? I dunno, if it was me, I'd pick a different gun or add more ammo. Maybe you guys have a different idea than me.

By no means am I saying that you're wrong to do that, I understand physical restraints etc. Just saying that it's surprising to me.

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm fully aware of the extremely limited firing capability of such a small capacity, HOWEVER, most people will have no idea. It's a psychological weapon, all I have to do is dive on an enemy position and watch 'em scatter. With her ridiculous flight duration, I can keep this up for 40 minutes at a time, with 5 battery sets, making for 200 minutes of air superiority.

Our back-up plan, should the strafer prove unfeasible, is to run 6x mini nerf rockets for anti-tank work. We would then have a second radio system, whose only function was to drop bombs (plus the WSO to operate it). Since we're going with flaps on our model, I might just go ahead and make them dive brakes if this is our plan.

If you or anyone else has some insight on the subject (mind you I've been working out a test-bed for a couple weeks to handle this), then PM me, and perhaps we can arrange a Skype call or a phone call to discuss the project at length.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm sorry man, I'm happy to talk about the tactical aspects of it, but even then I'm not the best person to go to on that. I will say that I have absolutely zero experience with RC airplanes.

I know personally that I would design it to be able to interchange quickly between the rockets and the strafer, because at my field they sparingly use the "Rage Rover" (Ford Bronco with minigun turret in rear) so when they brought that ought, I'd need to have anti-tank capability and when they didn't, the strafer would come in handy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.