Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just like to say thank you for this wonderful forum as it has answered alot of my questions about building a dmr ( holy grail thread). I've been interested in airsoft for a while but I've finally got some money to do it.

My base gun for the build is a king arms m4a1 and at the moment I have a jp rifles outer barrel, element psg1 style grip, illuminated 3x9x40E scope and my 13" vtac battle rail should be here tomorrow :D internally it's standard but I have big plans. I just want my externals perfect first. This however leaves me with my first problem. I want a prs stock and I know with mods it can just hold a lipo but I'm getting the airsoft systems control unit MOSFET and the unit will take up most of the space. Will it fit or should I stick with an m16 solid stock.

Sorry my first post was abit long winded lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the minute its completely standard and never fired. I didn't wanna do it bit by bit so im just gathering everything and bolting everything on at once. I love the look of the prs and the adjustability but if I spend £150 on it and it didn't fit everything inside id be pissed. My aim for the build is 450fps locked to semi with 250+ ft range with R hop

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm actually doing that too. I'm rebuilding my gearbox completely the only thing that's staying is the wiring and the shell. I just ordered everything last night. A lot of people on this forum recommend SHS Parts. And they're really cheap. The only non SHS things I bought were the gears, I got the siegeteks, terminusx bushings, and the jg blue motor.

For 450fps, look into an M120 or an M130.
Look into SHS for parts.
Get a 11.1 lipo, torque motor, and high speed gears(I got 14.09) for better trigger response since you're only going to be using semi. I've been told the Mosfet is needed as well.
Also before you buy your cylinder, and inner barrel make sure you have the proper barrel to cylinder ratio. I just recently learned about that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I like the looks of the shs stuff. My list so far (feel free to tell me I'm wrong or to get something better) madbull bb spring guide, m120 spring, ultimate cylinder head with sorbo, shs air nozzle, shs 15 tooth piston, not sure on piston head yet, ascu MOSFET shs cnc gears an terminus x motor. Barrel will be a madbull 6.03. I wanted a Pommy but in England there's none in stock and according to the retailers there's been a tsunami/ hurricane and they have stopped production for the foreseable future. And finally if I can manage it a nice r hop. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Pretty much.
The things that Make up a gearbox are:
-Piston
-Piston Head
-Cylinder
-Cylinder Head
-Air Nozzle
-Anti-Reversal Latch
-Spring guides
-Springs
-Shims
-Gears
-Bushings

Idk if everything needs replacing but at like a 6 dollar average price, I said F*** it, and just replaced everything.

For an m120 or an m130 you could run the spring on like a JG red or blue motor.
I'm gonna be running an M140 on the JG Blue. That's like a 500+ FPS spring. Terminusx is needed for like M170s-M210s. And they're out of stock everywhere. Trust me I tried.

Get a piston with some steel teeth. They last a lot longer and are made for high FPS set ups. And since you're using Semi only, it doesn't matter that they give you less RPS. Also get TerminusX Bushings.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to order the terminus x motor from a place called air lab. There always out of stock but I think you can special order them. I know there not needed but they were £56 and a g&p devil motor was like £80 so its overkill but cheaper. What fps do you recon I would get with all those parts and an m120 with hopefully a perfect air seal? My max power must not exceed 450 fps. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All progress has stopped as I can't get the delta ring assembly off. Waiting on a cheap armourors wrench to turn up from eBay. Failing that I dunno what il do. My nice shiney ( well matte actually) rail is just sat there. I thought you should never cut springs down?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Say wa? What are these coils you speak of lol. I'm trying to unscrew the barrel nut/cog thingy. The king arms is 1 whole unit I think. The outer ring is held down by the barrel nut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.