Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled onto this site researching a rifle and read a review by zulu.

I've been obcessed with sniping, marksmanship, ghillie suits since the late 80's.

Former military (Army) and 21 years of paintball including
being a sneaky player wearing more than typical camouflage
(ghillie type garment aka Action Ghillie).
A year ago many of my hardcore scenario paintball teammates jumped into Airsoft and pulled me into it with them.

My current collection consist of a TM M4, G&P zombie killer, CA M15, G&P M4, KJW M700 and a CO2 pistol S&W trades, forget the manufactor, but it shoots far and straight.

Looking forward to being a member here! Some very cool photos
and tons of valuable info here.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome to the boards :) You look like you've got a lot of experience under your belt, but it's all too easy to find some new mod or tactic that you've never heard of on these forums.

I'm not a big fan of M700s but hook it up with coldshot or an HPA rig, a 2roy conversion kit, nineball bucking, and a nice tightbore, and you'll be good to go. I'm good with my hands but don't have much experience with gearboxes, so my best advice on your AEGs is consistency/accuracy first, then power and range. (hop up, bucking, and barrel first)

I view gearboxes as a necessary evil for AEGs but not one that affects performance greatly as far as marksmanship goes. Make sure your airseal, piston, and spring are good, and replace enough gears that they won't strip, and there's no need to do more ;) Excluding the rifle that you turn into an RPM monster for CQB games, that is.

I'm sure you know a lot of this (based on your collection) and you're looking for more specific info...but I can't help myself

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Welcome to the Forum form the staff too! Great to have more "senior" stage players like you on the boards. =) Hope your experience will both seed and grow fruitful on our fine Forum. ^^ Did I use too exotic words anyone? =D

P.S.
1+ for grade A introduction. =)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the welcome guys! learning quite a bit in here.

I need to consider further upgrading of the M700, but honestly a VSR is in my plans. Just light, shorter
and easier to move and shoot with.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Welcome welcome
:D

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.. Sounds like the same story I had, when I started.

If you do get a VSR you wont be let down. I currently have the JG Bar that has nothing stock on it anymore and I love it, and am looking to sell if for a new project ;)

But serriously... ask and you will recieve on this site... bunch of really good guys. Except for the speeeling nasis
;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.