Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I broke my hopup adjustment lever of my JG VSR-10 Pro. While I was swapping out the hop arm to Danger Werx CNC arm, uppon inspecting the hop up adjustment lever (the part the pushes down in the hop up arm) was broken from rubbing on the windows of the hopup unit, which weakened it.

Questions:

1. Is there any way to fix this with out having to buy another rifle or aftermarket AEG hopup unit?
  2. Are they any other compatible hopup units that will work from these clone brands? AGM VSR10, Well VSR-10, ... (Worst comes to worse I dont mine getting a clone for extra parts)
  3. Is it possible to do a DYI TDC with out Noobies TDC kit, has anyone atempted this before?
  4. Anyone have this part I would love to buy it from you?

Current upgrades:
vsr cut 6.01 (this is why I dont want an AEG Hopup unit)
Danger Wrex CNC arm (this is why I dont want an AEG Hopup unit)
SP150 Spring 500 fps
Polarstar piston
Polarstar Spring guide
Polarstar Sear set

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well you could try to drill a small hole and glue it back, this would work for a while.
You could also buy tokyo marui precision chamber, which uses vsr cut barrels, price~60 bucks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would I still be able to use the Danger Wrex hop up arm? Does the TM Precision chamber fix the right curve issue or is still susceptible to it?

·
Registered
568 Posts
You can use dangerwerx arm. I'm not sure about the curve, it's a higher quality chamber, so I think it's going to fix it, if not, you can just add some shims on the arm.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Know any US airsoft store that is currently caring this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is effectively less precision accuracy wise than the 6.04-05 standard barrel.....nice! Lol

where you from OP i have a spare adjuster in my parts box

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, have you posted something in the Spare Parts Wanted section?
No I have not yet, I will soon hopefully someone has it. I have looked everywhere for a US airsoft site for the TM percision chamber with no look. Does anyone know if an AGM hopup work? I think I might have to buy a complete clone to fix this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TDC for the win.

A TDC would work, and is very easy to DIY. Just a bolt and a threaded hole, I do them to all of my guns, and a few of the guns that come through the workshop.
I think I'm going to do the TDC instead as its cheap not as hard as I thought it would be. It would also give me better accuracy with the Dannger Werx Arm. One of my coworkers has a tap and I will pass by a local hardware store to get the hardware. Cheese man would a small spring in between the barrel and screw head necessarily? Does it prevent it from getting lose after many shots?

Thanks again everyone for your help, I will post a completed pic when I finish this mod.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Completed TDC MOD

I have finished the TDC mod, here are some pics. It was really simple fix, I'm surprise how easy it actually was to do. I will let you know how it shoots over the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.