Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I dive into my questions regarding my last few upgrades for my BAR-10 sniper rifle, I thought I would create a list of my current upgrades to give some insight of what I am using.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Are you having problems with your current hop up system? Sounds like the bbs are not affected by the hop up, thus causing the bbs to dive down. If this is so, chances are, the hop up bucking is misaligned with the barrel. Installing a new barrel can cause problems as the mistake of having the bucking aligned upside down on the barrel can cause very bad things to happen. Luckily, its an easy fix.

Are you sure your hop up bucking is not upside down? I had a problem with the bucking being upside down, and it caused massive down hop.

Let me know if you are experiencing this problem, or need any more help/information.

Also, make an intro post so we can get to know you. Thank you for posting with proper grammar and punctuation, as many new members forget to do so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! As of now, I'm pretty sure the bucking was installed correctly. There is not a really noticeable dive, like all the hop is turned off, but there is no way I could get the bb to fly slightly upward. This concerns me because I have as much influence on the bb as possible. I had one thought though. What if I created some sort of extension to the two prongs on the hop up arm? I would then be able to adjust for the amount of influence that is put onto the bb. Just an idea.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Wait, you said the hop up is turned off, but you said you have as much influence on the bb as possible? By influence, do you mean the amount of hop on the bb? I am alittle confused, have you tried turning the hop up up?

If you could clarify what you meant for me, I will check back here later and try to help. Sorry if I misunderstood.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess what I was trying to say is that the hop up arm is down on the bucking as far as possible. If you were to look into the barrel, you would see the pressure of the arm on the hop up. In any gun, this pressure would cause the BB's to fly up. But this is not happening in my rifle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem. I have some pretty cool pictures of my rifle and sidearm I was thinking about sharing too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This could be the problem, having any grease on the bucking will stop it from gaining friction with the bb, thus not spinning it and making it "hop". Try cleaning it thoroughly in cold soapy water. This will get rid of the silicon and it will make contact with the bb again, without the bb sliding through.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah, this makes a lot of sense. I think I'll disassemble my rifle tomorrow and clean it all out.
Also, would anyone have any insight on my barrel "dilemma"? I'm still skeptical if it's a good idea to buy the laylax 6.03 or not. Thanks :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wouldn't spend anymore money on upgrades until you've tried the gun with a clean hop rubber (make sure you rinse all the soap off the hop rubber too) and borrowed/stolen some heavier BB's from somewhere.
You may as well clean/polish your barrel too, while the gun is in bits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.