Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, mark this in your calendars- I make quick and final decisions for a living in the finance and IT worlds, so being unsure/indecisive feels VERY weird and aline to me. :)

So, as you all may know, I tried to field my JG M4 tanker as a secondary, but that sucker weighs in at 7 lbs or so with red dot and fully loaded mag- so not the most comfy thing to carry on top of a DMR rifle or bolt rifle. Besides my trusty HK USP, I would like a SMG type option to carry. Here are my thoughts for candidates, y'all discuss and help me decide...

KWA MP7- this is my front runner.
Pro: lightweight, easy to use, versatile
Con: a bit pricey, low cap mags

KWA KMP9- kinda retro...
Pro: slightly less $$ than MP7
Con: lo cap mags, limited rail space, ROF may be a little too high for ammo capacity

CYMA MP5K or PDW
Pro: Cheap AEG, still has decent FPS, ammo capacity. Assume better quality than Galaxy. Can be ordered with folding stock, or not.
Con: Having not seen it in real life, don't know about weight/size like the KWAs above.

Tokyo Marui N7 (MP7) AEP

Pro: Light, TM quality, available 190 rounds mid caps.
Con: low fps out of the box. Expensive.

So- choices?

·
Registered
744 Posts
KMP9!!! I love that gun. Haven't really looked into the MP7. You can get the danger werks flute valve and lower the FPS. I know theu shoot really hot out of the box. You don't always have to spray and pray and you don't need that much rail space on a little SMG like that. You can still house a laser/light/sight annd grip on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am a current user of the KWA mp7 and I absolutely love it! I upgraded it quite a bit and it's so good that I use it as my primary. The way I see it with gas SMG's is that if you buy alot of mags and do some upgrades then it is more of a primary. Also for me the mp7 still has quite a good amount of heft to it to be running around with it on your back.

I would say to go with the mp7 but it's my biased opinion. If you want to save money from the start then go with an AEG type secondary as mags are very expensive for the gas types.

Good luck with your decision!

- Topa

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
The PDW's are too big IMO. I have had the opportunity to hold her a few times at some games, and just don't see being able to carry it effectively with a BASR in an airsoft game. Would clank around too much when running and really would slow you down.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuzzy, quick question- are you wearing a ghillie in the scenario you describe, or simple BDUs? In my case, I would use the SMG option with a simple H harness/battlebelt setup, similar to the one I have posted about earlier, if it matters.

I am certain that if I went into an all out sniper role with proper ghillie and bolt gun, the pistol would be my choice, I agree absolutely!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love my mp7. If you're looking for something cheaper and a better performer I'd look for a cheap mp5k and load it with upgrades. As well as an smg secondary a pistol of some kind would be beneficial too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Came to this thread to suggest a KWA USP and you've already got one.

In that case you could go with MP7, that thing looks amazing and from what I've heard the performance isn't bad either.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is going to sound unbelievably snobby, but I cannot deal with the Raffica, because of it's Beretta based/style safety. That ALWAYS messes me up, and it is the reason I only like SIGs and HKs in real life- I like a decocker style setup with no safety, as I have on more than one occasion left the safety lever on safe when shooting with the Berettas I used to own- which makes you waste precious seconds in an IPSC style match... and I imagine it would be the "death" of me in an airsoft scenario, to pull that trigger and NOT have it go bang.

:)

I guess in the end it is a preference issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would think its all about practice. You remember most what you are used to, if you hardly ever use a Beretta is always going to be awkward for you.

I notice this alot myself with trigger breaks. If I havnt shot something in a long time, Im always anticipating the break when Im squeezing the trigger, which causes flinching, because im not used to shooting it anymore. But then I prefer my trigger pull to be at a 1lb or less, so anything more and it feels like im trying to move a car with my finger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.