Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this has been asked and answered a million times, but here goes... I replaced the 5J spring that I was trying out with .40g bbs, with a2.3J so I could play on the fields around here. I'm pushing a .28g bb now trying to get it to 85yds. accurately, but can't get any consistency, high low, wing right, left. Is that bb too light , should be pushing a .30 or .35? Thanks for any input, my first try at airsoft sniping .

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
You should be using a .48g BLS BB or Novritsch .46g BB, as the BB weight is what gives you a huge part of range and accuracy.

For sighting in your scope, do the following

Set your hop up to where your desired BB weight shoots flat, goes up a little bit, and drops down

Adjust your crosshairs/whatever scope reticle to the highest point the BB reaches

Play the game and modify your gun as needed, it's that simple.

Also, don't expect 100m shots without using a whole magazine, and 85m is probably about the farthest you should shoot until you gain experience, as you'll just waste ammo and may give your position away.
I have an ultra Gucci VSR-10 with even more parts being made, shipped, and saved up for, and I still try to get as close as I can to my opponent as I'd rather get a one shot kill than screw around.

Still, push your limits once you gain experience, then you'll know where you can reliably hit somebody.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yeah, this heavier bbs are going to carry the energy way better. For you, that means a much flatter shot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be using a .48g BLS BB or Novritsch .46g BB, as the BB weight is what gives you a huge part of range and accuracy.

For sighting in your scope, do the following

Set your hop up to where your desired BB weight shoots flat, goes up a little bit, and drops down

Adjust your crosshairs/whatever scope reticle to the highest point the BB reaches

Play the game and modify your gun as needed, it's that simple.

Also, don't expect 100m shots without using a whole magazine, and 85m is probably about the farthest you should shoot until you gain experience, as you'll just waste ammo and may give your position away.
I have an ultra Gucci VSR-10 with even more parts being made, shipped, and saved up for, and I still try to get as close as I can to my opponent as I'd rather get a one shot kill than screw around.

Still, push your limits once you gain experience, then you'll know where you can reliably hit somebody.
AWESOME man! Didn't realize that 2.3J could accurately push a .46g 85 yds./mtrs yadaa , good stuff,will order up somme heavier bbs and give 'em a fly. Locals wanted me to be chronoed safe with .20g. That 5J had a lot of thump, but too OP, and a [email protected]#% rack!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Yeah, you can shoot .48g out of a pistol if you are okay at teching.

First of all, what's your field limit?
I suggest that you get your gun just below it when firing whatever ammo they chrono with, and then use the BBs you want to use.
This may end up giving you joule creep, but it's not a big deal unless you shoot people from short range or something like that.

Also, I have a vague rule I stick to, keep your FPS below 360 with the BB you are going to use.
This is because at anything above 360 FPS your BB will be unpredictable, and you will miss more and so on.
No matter the BB weight.
Obviously you can push it a bit, but best stay below it as it actually IMPROVES hit rate.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I run HPA these days, but imagine that a Rapax 2J spring or an M145-M150 spring will work.
Idk what's in my springer, so I don't have a recommendation from experience

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, you can shoot .48g out of a pistol if you are okay at teching.

First of all, what's your field limit?
I suggest that you get your gun just below it when firing whatever ammo they chrono with, and then use the BBs you want to use.
This may end up giving you joule creep, but it's not a big deal unless you shoot people from short range or something like that.

Also, I have a vague rule I stick to, keep your FPS below 360 with the BB you are going to use.
This is because at anything above 360 FPS your BB will be unpredictable, and you will miss more and so on.
No matter the BB weight.
Obviously you can push it a bit, but best stay below it as it actually IMPROVES hit rate.
Ran a few bb's thru today, pretty cold and breezy, wanted to ck FPS. The .40 clocked at around 377, .43 at 350ish, .46 at 324. No ranging just FPS, hopefully tomorrow will be nicer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts