Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased this rifle here

https://www.evike.com/products/62515/

And out of the box Iv only noticed a issue or two, mainly it being a stuck hopup that refuses too rotate and a semi good fps.

Beside that the gun is a beauty and I can't wait too sink some money for a beautiful and hard hitting DMR

Out of the box it shoots around 354fps with 32.s and a 7.4 lipo battery.

Accuracy doesn't seem too bad as I was able too ping a pop can about 125ft away pretty consistent ( semi wind n rain )

So my biggest goal is too for now try n get a few upgrades till I got the money too drop on her

I'm hoping too get the FPS no where near the performance build (500-550) of this gun but too atleast get it between 420-500 is good enough for me and a better hopup is one of the first things I'ma need too get as mine is no fan of adjusting.

Truly appreciate any n all help this green horn can recieve n am new too this forum so I hope I'm not missing anything needed er such 😅

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
There are only a few upgrades you will need.

Chamber: There are only 2. Stock version and the Combat Union. The Echo1 version of the chamber is practically the best as it goes threw more QC. Threading on the adjuster is finer. Or you can skip that and get the Combat Union chamber from Grey Shop.

https://grey-shop.ru/Airsoft-AEG/Airsoft-Tuning/CombatUnion-SVD-Metal-Hop-Up

As for everything else, you really dont need much, new spring, faster motor, 11.1 and a mosfet to protect your trigger.

There are aftermarket gearbox kits, though you will likely never need them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are only a few upgrades you will need.

Chamber: There are only 2. Stock version and the Combat Union. The Echo1 version of the chamber is practically the best as it goes threw more QC. Threading on the adjuster is finer. Or you can skip that and get the Combat Union chamber from Grey Shop.

https://grey-shop.ru/Airsoft-AEG/Airsoft-Tuning/CombatUnion-SVD-Metal-Hop-Up

As for everything else, you really dont need much, new spring, faster motor, 11.1 and a mosfet to protect your trigger.

There are aftermarket gearbox kits, though you will likely never need them.
Much appreciation and would I need anything else if I ever got a better motor? Still a greenhorn with AEGs so I'm only curious if a stronger motor would require a better internal part er something along the lines

And much appreciation for the hopup, definitely gonna place a order for it now after I look for a spring.

And would you know what type of MOSFETs I'd be looking for, er they mostly universal? Only got two 7.4v LiPo sticks so I might try a stronger battery.

·
Registered
636 Posts
keep in mind don't use power spring more than m150, other than that the stock piston will fail fast .

if you get new motor, make sure you shimmed gearset better.

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
Barrel is pretty short for the SVD, and I would have gone with a guarder spring instead. matrix springs are kind of a crap shoot. Angel Custom.... not even going to touch that. They are pretty bad 90% of the time. (at least when I buy them or have to fix someones shit.)

On my echo1 I pushed it to 700~ish on stock parts with out any major failures. still going too. Only replaced the motor and mosfet.

For the FET, one of these will do the job. https://www.evike.com/products/45435/

I said faster not stronger. your gearset in the SVD are already torquey enough as is. (also there are no aftermarket gearsets for it that I am aware of. only stock replacements.) https://www.evike.com/products/76010/ or https://www.evike.com/products/95800/

Reactions: kazuchan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'll definitely add those too the cart now for when next pay comes, my only question I have for now is I'm unable too find any garder springs and that I do is a Sp150

that wouldn't be too strong for my piston er such?

And apologies, was my 21st yesterday n was a lil intoxicated when replying but yes a faster motor what Is ment.

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
Guarder tends to run hotter then what there rating says i would go with a 130 or 140

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know I truly appreciate all the help and I'll run stock on the inner barrel and will leave out the angle customs inner barrel n matrix spring if highly recommend and will just get the MOSFET, garder spring, one of those motors and a nice 11.1v

Also wanna bring my gun too a local RC hobby guy who knows how too switch the connectors too deans Wich I might do aswell since that MOSFET has Dean connecters n alot of people have been recommending it for batteries aswell.

Should be a day or too before I do so if you think or can suggest anything do let me know!!

Highly appreciate all help n advice you can share ��

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
I am sure the upgrades you bought will work, though mileage will very a bit. Forgot about the deans, those are a better connector compared to mini tamiya. I like XT60 better, but to each there own.

You will probably want to ask them to do the soldering work for your gun. Or learn how to solder. (Learn, its a very useful skill!!!)

Past that, shim the gears in the gearbox, maybe replace the bushings/bearings to better quality ones.

You have gear to carry your extra mags and side arm??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Iv solder before but too still have someone who knows what there doing for the first time may be preferable, and I'm not too sure where too even start when it comes too bushing or bearings

Kinda just wanna get a few parts too start and upgrade with till I'm back at work n actually have the money too drop on it

So for now I may try a few upgrades such as motor, spring and a MOSFET so I can start running 11.1v or even 9.4v once I find a compatible one and too bring it in too have it switched too deans.

So hopefully those few things will be fine on there own, the faster motor and SP140 spring I'm a lil hesitant about so I'm definitely going too do more digging too see what other owners n techs have done and gotten for there SVD-S

And of course! I got two gillies, ones a string moss and the other is a leaf type

My string mossy one has a belt loop so it's perfect for my 1911 and a BB pouch since it's either am AUG, VSR10 or this SVD

So either way I tend too go light on the ammo n am quite sparing with my rounds.

As of right now I haven't done anything with my leave Gillie too make it side arm acceptable so it's kinda my sniping Gillie while my mossy string one is for closer more faster paced game play since it's abit tougher n can take a beating and be easily fixable while still being able too use a side arm n BB pouch.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
So it sounds like you'll have to flat hop your bucking if you plan to use that barrel (I actually like Angel Custom barrels).
Just go on youtube, it's really easy.

For soldering, if it's free then have that guy do it, but it's a good thing to know and it's pretty easy.

For re-plugging a battery, just cut one wire, and solder and repeat on the other one.
Don't cut both at once, you'll very likely touch them and completely fuck your battery.
Again, if that guy will do it for free, you may as well have him do the battery.

Also, Tamiya plugs suck, DEANS is pretty good, but XT60 and mini DEANS are what I suggest.

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
I would just stick to Lipo batteries. NiCD/NiMH batteries are not really all that good for airsoft. Make sure you get a good charger.

Hobbyking.com for batteries. WAY CHEAPER then anywhere else. One of these will do.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...513&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...516&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...512&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

I would say MOSFET and Hopup first. Then upgrade the wiring to 16 gauge low resistance wire. Then the rest of it.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I tend to like Titan Power batteries these days, ghey are more forgiving than LI-PO, but they don't have as high of an output, which is probably important for a gun with a heavier spring than usual.

Sold my AEG ones, now I only use their tiny little 350mAh 7.4V ones for my HPA guns.

·
Super Moderator
4,068 Posts
Meh, Titan batteries are meh. They are OK on low stress builds, and HPA systems. In a performance build? No way. They do not provide enough power. They just do not deliver the amps that a properly sized Lipo will.

Best way to know if you dont have the right lipo? If you cycle your gun a few times and your battery starts to warm up, your gun is not built right or you have the wrong lipo for your build.

Reactions: kazuchan
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.