Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group and I must say there is some great knowledge in here. That’s why I’m asking y’all. I know nothing about airsoft rifles as I’m brand new to this sport. I’ve been doing some research and that’s how I found this group I can’t decide between a KJW- M-700 (non breakdown version), and a Novritsch SSG-24. What are some of the pros and cons. I know there is a $200 price difference but is it worth it. I really don’t want to have to mod anything. I can if need be. Thanks y’all.

·
Registered
650 Posts
An SSG24 is the most jacked up rip off in airsoft, with the exception of maybe a Tokyo Marui spring pistol. SSG10 would be your best bet, even then you might need to do a little tuning (but by no means do you need to upgrade it). M700 looks cool, but is pretty horrible functionally as a gas rifle. Other options would be an action army t10/t11.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I definitely second the SSG10.

Read around a bit on the VSR platform, and check out Blind Sniper's diy videos and you should be able to mildly tune the gun to be quite good.

·
Registered
598 Posts
With the TAC41 about to see it's release on July 5th it's also something worth keeping an eye on.

Outside of that either the SRSA2, the SSG10 are safe bets.

The SSG24 is something already out of production a long time ago and, while still exists as the Modify Mod24SF in Redwolf, is less well supported.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
53 Posts
I suggest the BBTac M62 or M61. I personally own both and they are very accurate. The M62 has longer range, but the M61 is a smaller size as well as a lot lighter. Both drive tacks. Both very solid choices and a very reasonable price, about 90 dollars.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
I would look at either the SSG10, SRSA2, or the AAC T10 or T11.

If your really wanting a gas rifle, hope you realize they are expensive. Magazines alone run on average of $60 a piece. Then you need to buy gas for them on top of BBs, and they require a little more maintenance then spring rifles do.

I do have a gas rifle that needs very little work, if any depending on how you look at it. Matrix K98k WWII Airsoft Gas Powered Bolt Action Rifle w/ Real Wood Stock, Airsoft Guns, Gas Rifles (Non-Blowback) - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

You can find the spare magazines on WGCshop. Both the green gas version and the CO2 version.
PPS 11 Rds Gas Magazine for Kar 98K | airsoft aeg gas blowback upgrade parts (wgcshop.com)
PPS 11 Rds CO2 Magazine for Kar 98K | airsoft aeg gas blowback upgrade parts (wgcshop.com)

Takes VSR barrels and buckings. Power is adjustable, bit of a pain though.

===========

On a somewhat related note, I used this rifle for a long overdue experiment. It worked far better then anticipated. I also addressed some of the headaches with HPA tapped mags in one go. Need to test it more and see if I need to tweak anything. Initial results are that this will be a game changer for gas snipers that use the Pegasus systems.

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
The silverback tac-41 just came out. It's probably the best gun on the market, though I haven't actually tried one.

Reactions: The Beard C-14

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
I suggest the BBTac M62 or M61. I personally own both and they are very accurate. The M62 has longer range, but the M61 is a smaller size as well as a lot lighter. Both drive tacks. Both very solid choices and a very reasonable price, about 90 dollars.
I have seen this rifle mentioned a couple of times on in the last week. Never before have I heard of it. Is it VSR compatible? What parts does it have that makes it good? Is it just a Double Eagle M62?
For it to be recomended, it needs to actually be a good rifle. I am sceptical as I have not heard or seen anything before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input so far guys. So the SSG24 is off the table. I want a sniper for centurion events mainly. But will use at milsim if applicable. I don’t have to have a gas rifle but was told they are better. Thank y’all for the help I really do appreciate it. Now I have to go do more research. Lol. KNew gas was more expensive all around and more maintenance was involved. But if I can get the same results from a spring rifle at half the cost. I’m sold lol. Thanks y’all. I’ll keep y’all updated in what I decide.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
I just done some checking out. The BBTac M62 is just a double eagle M62 with a different brand name on the box. I purchased a DE M62 many years ago and the quality was low (Very weak and can break easy). From what I could remember, the rifle is not VSR compatible. (They may have change this by now but I would not be recommending it until someone proves it is VSR compatible. Also, I see yours is 650fps. How did you get it to shoot this high? What upgrades did you put in? When stock the rifle is between 380-435fps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just done some checking out. The BBTac M62 is just a double eagle M62 with a different brand name on the box. I purchased a DE M62 many years ago and the quality was low (Very weak and can break easy). From what I could remember, the rifle is not VSR compatible. (They may have change this by now but I would not be recommending it until someone proves it is VSR compatible. Also, I see yours is 650fps. How did you get it to shoot this high? What upgrades did you put in? When stock the rifle is between 380-435fps.
I hate to disagree with you 1Tonne but the BBTac M62 is much different than the DE M62. While BBTac is the parent company of Double Eagle, BBTac M62s are much better than DE M62s as Double Eagle is BBTac's cheap line. The DE M62 looks the same as the BBTac M62, but the DE M62 is made with cheaper parts. If you really want a good M62 go with the BBTac version. Double Eagle is just a cheaper line of BBTac made so less wealthy people could still afford airsoft.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Sorry for the scepticism about the rifle. I am normally very hesitant towards a new type of rifle that is promoted by someone who is new on the forums. There have been a couple of instances where manufacturers have acted as though they are just the average airsoft player and they then come on here and promote their new item.
The rifle does sound good and it will be interesting to what others say.
I have looked online and there are no breakdown reviews. There are only unboxing reviews or sellers promoting it. Though they chrono it and it comes out at 435fps.
Is it VSR compatible? If not, what is the cylinder volume?
Can you break the rifle down and show us pics? I would be interested in seeing the trigger.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,121 Posts
Sorry for the scepticism about the rifle. I am normally very hesitant towards a new type of rifle that is promoted by someone who is new on the forums. There have been a couple of instances where manufacturers have acted as though they are just the average airsoft player and they then come on here and promote their new item.
I have looked online and there are no breakdown reviews. There are only unboxing reviews or sellers promoting it. Though they chrono it and it comes out at 435fps.
Can you break the rifle down and show us pics? I would be interested in seeing the trigger.
@T4nkcommander, who is also on this forum has a video of the range peformance:
BBTac M62 and Novritsch SSG10 at the range - YouTube
He also has a small review on reddit: BBTac M62 Performance (with videos) : airsoft (reddit.com)

According to him, it is effectively an asg m40a3. He may have said it was better than one...I am not sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So certain pieces are compatible with its little brother the M61. Such as the magazine. Other pieces, I don't know as I don't own a VSR. I'll try to message you the breakdown of the internals.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Please post them up on here. Maybe make a new thread as I will be informative for us. Picture's are good

1 - 20 of 23 Posts