Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, first, herro. Now that that's out of the way...

I have two JG G36s. One is a 2010 C, and the other is a 2011 E. They both have one problem. That problem is the hop up. The hop up design causes the nub arm to press down on the nub at an angle, which therefore causes BBs to curve to the right. As far as I can tell, there's almost no solution to this, short of going to R hops or custom designing a new chamber system.

So. Any advice? I've had no luck with attempting to shim the arm, and the one thing I may try is getting rid of the hop drum and using a pair of pliers or something to lower or raise the arm to see if the design really is the problem.

EDIT; After looking through this section, all the G36 threads mysteriously dies prematurely..

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Nope, cant see it :shrug:

Im building another project 36 at the mo, and this goes for every other G36 DMR I've built, Ive never come across this, unless they've altered the design of the unit in some way.

I'm looking down my hop unit now and the nub is perfectly square to the hop unit.

The other thing is by its very design it should be close, if not spot on, in its stock form, so with this in mind I'll ask some questions.....

Are you using a normal, un-modified hop rubber ie it still has its internal mound?

What nub are you using with this, ie standard bit of rubber tube, SCS, home made plastic profile?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do, Wolf.

Well, for some reason, the nub is always pressing down on one side more than the other. I've tried alot of different nub/bucking combinations, and they all had the same issue; BBs would always curve to the right.

I've tried a KWA 2GX with a normal rubber O nub, a G&G Green bucking with O and H nubs, Madbull buckings with the Fishbone nub, and no luck.

The only thing I've yet to buy is the TM bucking; which I assume this is the one everyone mentions- http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7855

Getting a bit frustrated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I assume you're suggesting twisting the barrel to counter the un-even nub? I've messed around with that a bit, but haven't spent alot of effort into that method. I'll give it another go.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It might be worth a go as you dont seem to be having any luck with other combos of rubber or nub, the only real way to truely find out what is wrong, to get a better idea on how to fix it, is to get rid of the inner nub from the rubber and install a hard plastic unprofiled round section nub and see what that yealds.

·
Registered
251 Posts
+1 for the twisting barrel until it seems the hop window in centred.

But also please remember that when you're twisting the barrel onto the gun, you may re-align the hop up unit slightly.

To counter this, please ensure that the metal ring is SNUG between the inner barrel and the hop up unit.

I heard the new JGs/Echo 1 G36s uses a M4 type hop up unit. Is that true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the new style of JG hop ups. I think I wouldn't have this problem if it was designed like a normal M4 chamber.

For some reason the old hop up chambers won't work with this new one, even with one of the old mag wells. I believe it's due to a difference in the front of the gearbox.

I'll give twisting it a go, but I've gotta solder one of the wires back on to the prong where it normally is. Always have that problem.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.