Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to throw a bigger sidearm into the mix. I've never had an AEG before, but I'm curious. It seems like it might be practical too with winter on the horizon. A few problems: Which one, and how do I come out to my friends and family?

Regarding the former, considering I'll be using this with my boltie, I was thinking one o these:

Krytac P90- Got good reviews, can't really think of downsides except the high price and it has no sling attachment points. Also can I change the top rail thing to something lower profile? And I just now see that its on sale at evike Might have to act fast
Novi SSR90- sounds pretty good and I like that he sells a low profile thingadoodle for the top (the thing red dots attach too). I hear the usual Novi bashing, or that the krytac is just a little more $$ but better. Maybe the externals legitimately are, but I don't know about the internals and performance.

I like plasmatvburnin's p90 setup (weapon link on the side, holstered to the butt) but I don't see anyway to attach the weapon link thing to the side of either of these p90s. Can it be done?

Scorpion CZ Evo 3 Smg version- High marks all around, and it has a folding stock. Only complaint I heard is mag reload and "low" rof, as if that matters so much for a sidearm. I also has piccatinny rail on the side so maybe I could fulfill my dreams of clipping it vertically to my butt (with a 1 point sling attached to the rear of the gun so between the two, hopefully it doesn't flop). They also have the atek ergonomic kit one that has m-lok instead of piccatiny, if that does something for me

But maybe the whole motor and battery and mossfitbit thing isn't for me. Maybe I stick to what I know. Gas:

KWA Mp7- mp7's compact size would make carry pretty easy and it looks like it shoots close to 1.5 j. And the girly kick of a GBB is better than none. But I've heard mixed reviews. Co2 mags are expensive

Ssx303- Never knew this thing existed until a minute ago. Its only 320$ and it sounds pretty sweet. Adjustable fps? Is there any reason I couldn't remove the stock and silencer and holster it like an even more obnoxious pistol than my DW 715? Why hasn't anyone done this before?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take the evo.
No nuanses of gas, once folded it's very compact.
Empty mag detection which helps to lower detectability as dry fires are louder.
Thays what I was learning until I saw I could do something stupid with the ssx303. A giant, 2.5j shooting pistol?
But your right, the gas will be tempermental and I'm already kinda defenseless at close range once the temp hits 32°. Then theres the DA trigger pull, and low ammo count, so the ssx303 doesnt really work well for anything up close. Maybe I'll pop for it on the future for black friday just for gigs

So back to the evo3, looks like the best choice til I saw Pburn holsters a p90 on his belt, which is exactly where I want to put it, and the krytac one is on sale (still pricey tho). What do you think of krytac or novi p90's?

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you're really set on P90, I would suggest a deep reaserch on youtube. Avoid influencer reviews but you can check out the game plays. On paper SSR90 will have more functional features, Krytac will have more legit trade marks and look. The mags are extremely difficult to carry and reload, be aware.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couldn't find any suitable mp5k's with a folding stock.
EVO3 has that and all around high marks. P90 is bullpup and looks nice to handle. I like Plazmaburnvictim's weapon link holster that is bolted to the frame, where as with the evo I might just have to use the piccy rail on the side to attach some sort of holster clip, which would be forward of the center of gravity (but might not be an issue as it will be hung on a 1 point sling from the back. However, all this is speculation)

Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're really set on P90, I would suggest a deep reaserch on youtube. Avoid influencer reviews but you can check out the game plays. On paper SSR90 will have more functional features, Krytac will have more legit trade marks and look. The mags are extremely difficult to carry and reload, be aware.
Yeah Im not even sure who's an influencer or not I'm mostly influenced by my cat. Shes got kind of a bullpup design to her
The novi / krytac p90 discussion seems to go both ways. Krytac got trades (whatever) and is supposedly more solid externals and QC and empty mag shutoff but yeah novi has extra rof, tighter barrel (dont know if thats good or bad) and sling attatchment points. Also it has got parts for it conviently organized on their website. I dont mind paying 10-20% extra for convienence and if it means I dont have to worry about part compatabilty

·
Registered
456 Posts
Anyone who received the gun for free/ has affilated link can be considered an influencer.
I have handled both, the build quality are about the same, Krytac slightly better thought of structurally but none of them should break under normal use.
What's important on the SSR90 is the better electronic trigger unit which gives you a lot more choices for tuning to your liking and better hop up+ bucking.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
You can get a folding stock for an Mp5k unless when you said “not suitable” you meant you don’t like that one. I didn’t mention it because I didn’t want to whore mine out anymore and it wasn’t on your list.

idk man, kinda leaning towards the p90. It’s an odd shape but a nice shape for a sidearm. We have Plaz who has done it and still uses one with a doable mounting system. Mags hold a decent amount. Even the base platform options are good.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'd get one of these and I'd put in a tighter, longer, lapped barrel, R-hop, faster motor and gears, and lose the front grip.

It's supposed to be a pretty good gun as it is, and that stuff would just make it better. Plus you'd be looking like a 90s gangster which would also be pretty cool.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd get one of these and I'd put in a tighter, longer, lapped barrel, R-hop, faster motor and gears, and lose the front grip.

It's supposed to be a pretty good gun as it is, and that stuff would just make it better. Plus you'd be looking like a 90s gangster which would also be pretty cool.

Dat would be cool but I'm a basic bitch. You lost me at "motor and gears". Its already a big enough jump out o my comfort zone to own an aeg; I don't want to have to disect one too (fortunately in the event something breaks I have a healthy stable of aeg slaves to tinker with that black magic on the inside).

@Blind Sniper By suitable I mean I didn't look hard enough. But I am kinda digging the p90. With the bullpup design, I imagine the weight being closer to my body, and more maneuverable than the mp5 or evo option; easier to handle. I love PBurns setup (minus the 40 mags he carries: at 200 rounds a piece with the Krytac mags, hoping they're interchangeable, is that really necessary for a sidepiece?). I want to do exactly that holster clip with whatever gun I get, and so I guess I know it will work with the p90

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use a P90 but not as a side arm but as a pocket DMR. 260mm barrel, overvolumed joulecreeper and can hop 0.40g.
I really like it, but as a sidearm that thing is much too bulky in my opinion. Also consider the size of the mags. The only mags I would recommend are the one from Krytac: 200rd working flawless with Cyma. The 170rd from MAG were the suggestion in the past, but the last I got was terrible and I had to polish ! the spring to get it working.
SSR90 seems to have a weaker motor, an old, difficult to upgrade HU and a slow gear set - except the better plastic of the body even the Cyma is better.
Maybe that helps...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts