Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm recently retired from the good ol' Corps. I live in an area where owning real firearms is just that.. owning. Too left wing and liberal to even have ranges closer than 75 miles away. So I figured I'd get back into airsoft.

I built a similar rifle a while back, but I'm sure there are new or better parts nowadays.

I purchased a stock Well MB-04, and as far as I know it uses L96 internals. I am trying to upgrade it to give me accurate shots on the field. Medium-long range, I believe the fields near me effecting point-target ranges would be around 60 meters.

If anyone can help me throw together a compatible upgrade part list that would be awesome! I'm not looking for premium or luxury components, as it is only a toy. But I'd like to be able to put a shot where my crosshairs are without too much adjustment or Kentucky windage.

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
959 Posts
If you're trying to get a at least half way decent rifle, then you will have to spend over $200 definitely.

Here's a breakdown of everything you are going to want to upgrade.

Cylinder and Cylinder internals:
Stock Well Cylinder is sort of half decent. However, it doesn't last all that long and should be upgraded. If you do choose to keep it, do remove the volume limiter which is screwed directly into the hole in the cylinder head.​
There are 4 options which you can get.​
  1. Action Army Type 96 Cylinder Kit – Airsoft Atlanta(my favourite)
    1. Laylax PSS96 (Type 96) Teflon Cylinder [4582109583258] - $95.00 : BRILL ARMORY, Quality Airsoft parts for the discerning consumer.
    2. SSG96 Fluted Cylinder - Novritsch | Airsoft Sniper with cylinder head SSG96 Cylinder Head - Novritsch | Airsoft Sniper
    3. Angel Custom Type-96 MAX Stainless Steel Cylinder Set (Type: SP170), Accessories & Parts, Sniper Rifle Parts, Shop by Model, APS-2 / Type 96 - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore (but angel custom is bad.
    4. O&T Stainless Type 96 Cylinder + Head – Outdoor and Tactical (unsure if O&T actually posts to the USA.
In terms of cylinder internals there are also a couple of options.​
If you want to get the piston and spring guide separately, go for:​

Trigger:

Several options here as well that I would recommend:​
Action Army: Action Army Type 96 Zero Trigger – Airsoft Atlanta (this has the easiest trigger pull and is the quietest).​

Hopup Unit and Barrel

You have two paths here that are any good.​
  1. Stick with the Stock Hopup Unit and optimise it. This means that you should wrap Teflon Tape around the end of the hopup bucking to seal it. Do a TDC mod, get an L96 maple leaf bucking from Novritsch (SSG96 70° Hop Up Bucking - Novritsch | Airsoft Sniper) and use a maple leaf nub (Maple Leaf Omega Hop Up Tensioner Nub – Airsoft Atlanta). You should also use a tightbore inner barrel (either: Angel Custom G2 SUS304 Stainless Steel Precision 6.01mm Airsoft Sniper Rifle Tightbore Inner Barrel (Length: 500mm APS2), Accessories & Parts, Sniper Rifle Parts, Inner Barrels (Sniper Rifles) - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore or SSG96 Precision Inner Barrel - Normal - Novritsch | Airsoft Sniper)
  2. Go with the action army hopup unit. This lets you use AEG barrels and buckings. Use a ZCI AEG barrel: ZCI Barrels : BRILL ARMORY, Quality Airsoft parts for the discerning consumer., a maple leaf AEG bucking: Maple Leaf Macaron Hop Up Bucking AEG – Airsoft Atlanta and a maple leaf nub: Maple Leaf Omega Hop Up Tensioner Nub – Airsoft Atlanta)

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
If you want really high fps, like an M190, then you may need to drill/bore out the piston as L96 pistons are often just that little bit to narrow for big springs. But once bored out, they are fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts