Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a Gspec and have upgraded with a "action army vsr 10 90 degree s trigger set" and also a M150 spring.
I want more range on my sniper as i still can only use .25 with my sniper as i dont get enough lift or range with the heavier bbs. i want to use .3 - .35 and ive been told the only way that i will get the range using heavier bbs is to upgrade my inner barrel.
I was wondering if i should run it through the mock suppressor as i just want maximum range and could someone tell me the required length to do so

·
Registered
923 Posts
Nope. Whoever told you that a better inner barrel would increase range is totally wrong. An inner barrel, at best, will marginally increase shot to shot consistency. What you need to upgrade is your hopup set. Get yourself an Action Army hopup chamber for the VSR, a Maple Leaf bucking (I think the generally consensus now would be an MR Hop 2021 edition), and get something like a Masada Hopup Arm or a Panthera tensioner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Whoever told you that a better inner barrel would increase range is totally wrong. An inner barrel, at best, will marginally increase shot to shot consistency. What you need to upgrade is your hopup set. Get yourself an Action Army hopup chamber for the VSR, a Maple Leaf bucking (I think the generally consensus now would be an MR Hop 2021 edition), and get something like a Masada Hopup Arm or a Panthera tensioner.
thanks for your help, and this will allow me to now use the heavier bbs?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Barrels do not increase range, they increase effective range.
Basically, they just made your gun more accurate, therefore your groups at a certain distance after a new barrel will be tighter than before, and you will need to shoot farther to get a group the size of the old ones.

For getting really long "range" (good accuracy" I would suggest the following
Action Army hop chamber
Panthera nub or MASADA arm
Maple Leaf MR-hop 2021 85°
Action Army, Maple Leaf, PDI, Lambda, or EdGi barrel, the tightest they make and about 360-400mm long
Lots of barrel spacers
Longbowbb cylinder guide sleeve
Shim your hop arm with PTFE tape
Get 100% air seal in your cylinder, then your barrel
Epoxy your outer barrel to your receiver once you have that guide sleeve installed (hang it vertically without the scope attached while curing)
Use BLS .50g, 48g, .45g, Novritsch .46g, .49g, KM .48g, anything else .48g and use the cheapest one listed if it's .48g

After all that stuff, you should be rocking

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Going to a tighter bore will get you a few more fps and so you should get a little more range (2-3 meters). Get an Action Army 6.01mm (AEG barrel as they are also VSR compatible). With an M150 you should be able to lift 0.36gm-0.4gm bb's and these should give you more range as they carry their energy for long (But you do need the back spin too). If your rifle is not able to lift 0.36gm, then you either have an air leak or your bucking has grease on it and so therefore it is not creating enough back spin.
When using 0.36gm bb's the best length to go for is 500mm. This will go right to the every end of the silencer.
Or you could use a 470mm inner barrel and 0.4gm bb's as you should also be able to lift them too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to a tighter bore will get you a few more fps and so you should get a little more range (2-3 meters). Get an Action Army 6.01mm (AEG barrel as they are also VSR compatible). With an M150 you should be able to lift 0.36gm-0.4gm bb's and these should give you more range as they carry their energy for long (But you do need the back spin too). If your rifle is not able to lift 0.36gm, then you either have an air leak or your bucking has grease on it and so therefore it is not creating enough back spin.
When using 0.36gm bb's the best length to go for is 500mm. This will go right to the every end of the silencer.
Or you could use a 470mm inner barrel and 0.4gm bb's as you should also be able to lift them too.
okay thank you i appreciate it, i have the hop up all the way up and it cant even lift .30

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically, they just made your gun more accurate, therefore your groups at a certain distance after a new barrel will be tighter than before, and you will need to shoot farther to get a group the size of the old ones.

Action Army hop chamber
Action Army, Maple Leaf, PDI, Lambda, or EdGi barrel, the tightest they make and about 360-400mm long
Lots of barrel spacers
Epoxy your outer barrel to your receiver once you have that guide sleeve installed (hang it vertically without the scope attached while curing)
Use BLS .50g, 48g, .45g, Novritsch .46g, .49g, KM .48g, anything else .48g and use the cheapest one listed if it's .48g

Appreciate the help mate thankyou !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Action Army hop chamber
Lots of barrel spacers

hi mate, could you help me quicky? like i said i have the tm vsr 10 and so far i have found the Action Army Type 96 6.01mm Tight Bore 500mm Long Sniper Style, Action Army Hop Unit VSR-10 and the Maple Leaf MR Hop Up Bucking 70°, will these all fit together?

·
Registered
22 Posts

Action Army hop chamber
Lots of barrel spacers

Also it wouldnt hurt to put foam inserts into the stock with the barrel spacers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.