Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always loved snipers so when i started checking out airsoft i imediately had to have a sniper and ive had some christmas money saved for something like this, ive done alot of investigating and i like the jg bar 10 but i wanna make sure im getting what i want so could i get some suggestions on good repiable stock snipers that i can eventually upgrade, i want the farthest straight shooting rifle for as cheap as possible but i can still spend a good amount if i have to and on upgrades

·
Registered
106 Posts
The JG bar 10 is widely considered the most upgradable rifle on the market. I personally went the WELL L96 rout but both are good, and can be made to be extremely accurate compared to most airsoft guns. Honestly I wish I would've gone with the JG bar 10 though because it is much lighter and more compact.

With any gun you get, I highly doubt it will give you superb accuracy out of the box. That only comes from modding and upgrading, as well as hours of test firing and fiddling. Also, I recommend disregarding all mention of FPS when choosing your rifle model. Accuracy at range comes primarily from the hop up/barrel quality, and BB weight.

There are some great posts in the sticky sections explaining how to upgrade your rifle.

A word of caution however: airsoft sniping is very different from real world sniping. I initially felt the same way as you but soon realized that a DM position fit my desired style of play better. Not that I don't find sniping fun in some situations, but I don't want to be doing it exclusively. See if you can borrow some guns at a local field and try different styles of play before you dump a bunch of money into a rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: snoopy and 1tonne

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
If you want the best stock performance and the same upgradeability, get a TM VSR 10. That being said, you really ought to be upgrading the rifle anyway if you want to field it so you might as well go with the BAR 10 and use the money saved on upgrades.

If you get a BAR 10, a decent hopup chamber (the AA chambers are great), a madbull barrel and a few DIY mods (R/flat hop, TDC mod & teflon tape) you'll have a pretty decent rifle and if you do it right you could be hitting targets at 70 meters, without spending too much money, really.

Oh, upgrade in this order:

quality bb's -> bucking -> hopup chamber -> barrel -> spacers -> piston -> rest of cylinder -> trigger group -> spring.

And always do the DIY mods, they're dirt cheap and help a fair amount.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Everyone has their own upgrade order. Mine is a little different to Reliku's
Mine is:
quality bb's, bucking, trigger group, piston, spring, barrel, spacers, hopup chamber, rest of cylinder
Each to their own though

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Everyone has their own upgrade order. Mine is a little different to Reliku's
Mine is:
quality bb's, bucking, trigger group, piston, spring, barrel, spacers, hopup chamber, rest of cylinder
Each to their own though
Fair enough ;)

Also depends whether you're after power or accuracy first, obviously! And personal preference, I suppose :tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts