Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a g4 a3 dmr from ASGI to be my base for a dmr build, and I noticed that the hop up is sitting slightly to the left, making it impossible for mags to lock because they hit the feeding lip of the hop up. The hop up sits like this because theres a piece in the upper reciever that holds the hop up so it doesnt turn, and that piece is rotated just a little bit, is there any way to rotate it back to the right position? The picture without the hop up is the rotated piece.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Hmm, I would take off the outer barrel and make sure everything is hunky-dory. If that doesn't help, then call in a warranty (if they have one). If there isn't one, then get out your dremel and go to town on the barrel or receiver or whatever the problem is (it's probably not the hop unit, just FYI :p )

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I must not have explained it very good, heres the third picture but turned the right way, you'll notice that the 2 slots on the left and right arn't level and that is my problem, those slots line up the hop up unit, so it makes the hop up unit sit sideways, therefore it won't feed bbs into the hop up :(. So if I just take the rails off and take off the outer barrel I should be able to get to this little part?

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok thanks, now i just need to find a allen wrench to fit the damn screw on the iron sights :(, any ideas where I could buy a single metric allen wrench 2.25mm? All the auto parts stores are saying they just have 2 and 2.5

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So just use it to turn the outer barrel? I cant get the rails completely off because the front iron sight is in the way and I don't have the allen wrenches to get it off.

·
Registered
890 Posts
All you need to do is loosen the barrel nut then rotate until in the right position. then re align the rail making sure that outer barrel doesn't move.

That only happens when they use cheap outer barrels without tabs to hold them square to the upper.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it, the outer barrel doesnt have anys screws in it, it just needed a wrench and alot of force to turn a little bit

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone, oh amd one more thing, even though the barrel lock is on the hop up, the barrel turns a little side to side, how can i fix that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.