Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have recently purchased A&K SR25 rifle. At this moment everything is stock parts. Want to upgrade it into DMR/Sniper. As I am really beginner in this will need your help. Want to get approx 30-35 meters accuracy. Thinking about changing several parts like - nozzle, cylinder, hop-up and piston. Do you think that stock barrel will be able to do the job? or can you give several tips where to start?

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
50 meters is not far either. What are your DMR limits for your club.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Man, DMR's are a pain to start as an upgrade platform. Take it from me, in the middle of an M14 project. They are absolute money buckets and are relatively complex. It's harder to diagnose a problem in a system with so many variables. That being said, it can be done. But yeah, set your goals to 80 meters at least. If you just want 50 meters, just swap out some basic hop up components and you're golden.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My A&K is an HPA. Prowin hopup, use madbull red bucking for open bolt, mapleleaf for an closed bolt. Make sure to drop test and check bb will easily pass the hopup lips. Maple leaf and prowin sometimes have feed issues. See youtube for more info. I'm currently testing a 510, 383 and 303 6.01 tight bore barrel. I current run a 6.03 500mm and can hit a target 100m away 8 out of 10 times. My HPA setup is a Polarstar Jack with the AK SR25 nozzle. I had major line up issues with my polarstar fusion engine. Mech box is larger on the sr25 versus a standard m4 box and my nozzle was rubbing on the prowin hopup. Attached a few pics for reference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly, your best bet is to read through this.

https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

That gives a nice concise guide like FMP says 50 meters is not a lot. Get hold of your local feild limits and aim to build something just under that.
Will look through thanks.

There are no FPS limits for open field where I am playing. Wont be using this gun in buildings for cqb for sure.

As I saw polarstar upgrade is really expensive. Looking for something between 100-150$. scope exluded, already have one

·
Registered
928 Posts
Lol. Was shimming a gearbox for the first time last night. Word to the wise, Version 7 GB's are painful to shim (oh, and now I need to fix AOE). I spent about 3 hours getting the gearbox back together, and it locked up 😞. So, back at it again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.