Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i've got my eyes on a kjw p226,what do you think about it?any suggestions for a good sidearm thay is not a TM?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply,i am thinking between a 1911 and a sig p226 and p229,all from kj works,i heard that the standard 1911 green gas mags are bad,though i heard no such complaints about the hi capa.A glock is a bit too mainstream for me hahaha.So I'm dowb to a hi capa or the sig...i can't find a well made review on the 226 but it's kjw what can go wrong,right?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've heard about KJW's Green gas mags being very leaky, however have heard good things about their CO2 magazines.

Oreo

·
Registered
64 Posts
To add on the leeking greengas mags: None of my 3 mags leak, that said they are only about a year old. Just someting to take in consideration, perhaps i have been lucky? Perhaps the claims are exaggerated? Who knows

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To add on the leeking greengas mags: None of my 3 mags leak, that said they are only about a year old. Just someting to take in consideration, perhaps i have been lucky? Perhaps the claims are exaggerated? Who knows
Hey Lycolus thanks for the input,do you have the p226?If not which gun do you have because i've heard that kjw is a step behind TM on quality and that the 226 is a good gun in most reviews

·
Registered
414 Posts
Once I found a compact enough AEG and good means of retaining it I have zero temptation to go back to a gas sidearm.

-Grant

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once I found a compact enough AEG and good means of retaining it I have zero temptation to go back to a gas sidearm.

-Grant
AEPs are good,i have had my cm030 for 2 years now,but there is nothing like scaring the sh*t out of people with the sound and power of a GBB.Plus,i like the realism of the GBBs because i often shoot real steel

·
Registered
926 Posts
The nicest p226 on the market is the KWA (that compared to the KJW and CYMA CM122 which I also own) if you are looking for a decent shooting and accurate replica. Short of the slide spring weight and plastic tip, it is practically indistinguishable from the real steel.

My go-to pistol (out of the 8? I own) is always my KWA HK45. It has never let me down in 3+yrs of field use and I have measured hits out as far as 210ft with it.

The AEG Grant is referring to is not an AEP. He is one of a handful on here who run an Ares Amoeba CCx. There are a number of sidearm threads on ASF where both of us have given detailed reports on them.

My CCC is about to go under the knife again if you are interested in how absurd a build you can do on one of these things.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Lycolus thanks for the input,do you have the p226?If not which gun do you have because i've heard that kjw is a step behind TM on quality and that the 226 is a good gun in most reviews
KP06 (i linked it a bit higher) and no i dont own a p226, if i only i had the money to buy more guns :shrug:

TM quality is ussaly top notch, then again, so is the price :yup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
The nicest p226 on the market is the KWA (that compared to the KJW and CYMA CM122 which I also own) if you are looking for a decent shooting and accurate replica. Short of the slide spring weight and plastic tip, it is practically indistinguishable from the real steel.

My go-to pistol (out of the 8? I own) is always my KWA HK45. It has never let me down in 3+yrs of field use and I have measured hits out as far as 210ft with it.

The AEG Grant is referring to is not an AEP. He is one of a handful on here who run an Ares Amoeba CCx. There are a number of sidearm threads on ASF where both of us have given detailed reports on them.

My CCC is about to go under the knife again if you are interested in how absurd a build you can do on one of these things.
Indeed, the CCx series are total game changers for roles which must carry a secondary for MED purposes. After downgrading to an M100 spring is has a serious cyclic rate and is fairly quiet. The hop design is also exceptional.

Grant

·
Registered
926 Posts
I've gone a different direction with my Amoeba CCC.

I've stripped out all the unnecessary weight (charging handle, dust cover, etc) and then put in a P* FE running a custom nozzle bore. A prowin with r-hop takes care of the bb lift. A lapped 6.03x247mm Prometheus barrel runs through a side ported Delrin outer barrel. It hangs folded off my pack or battle belt shoulder strap and runs off a 13ci tank when I'm sniper mode. I recently machined a rail mount for a gen 1+ monocular for night CQB.

It weighs in at 3.9lbs with a plastic midcap, 5lb counting the 13ci tank and line, 5.8lb with the NODs. For comparison, a KJW P226 is 2.4lbs plus 1lb per 26rnd mag.

This weekend I hope to advance the performance and efficiency even further while reducing weight and sound volume.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the end i ordered a kwc m1911a1 licensed via cybergun and powered by co2...i remembered that winter is coming and i don't want bbs in my arse while trzinf to get a green gas gun to cycle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts