Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my vtac rail dropped off today so decided to fit it before work. I took the handguard off, tapped the pins out of the sight post and pushed it foreward. Got the fake gas tube out and now I'm stuck. I can't unscrew the delta ring assembly barrel nut/cog thing. I've had mole grips and everything on them and it won't budge. YouTube, who usually comes to the rescue has let me down as the King arms m4 doesn't have screws in the delta ring like some. I've soaked it in wd40 and swung on it with some vice grips. Even tried the screwdriver and a big hammer but I can't get it to move. HELP!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Never taken apart a King Arms M4 before, so I can't help you with specifics, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say you need an AR-15 Armorers Tool. It will make the job much easier, providing you haven't destroyed the Delta ring yet. You could probably find one at a local gunshop or sporting goods store in the hunting section, but expect it to be a quality one and to pay a little more.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=8165

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.. My armourors wrench came today and was just as hopeless as the pipe wrench. So I've now hacksawed the delta ring and spring off leaving the barrel nut/cog thingy clear. Tried again and it still wont budge. I've took a blowtorch to it to the point the gun was smoking and it's still stuck. I'm thinking a vice is the last way to go then I'm grinding that bitch off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.