Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm beison8000, from South Korea. I'm an english teacher over here, and currently playing with the guys from AirsoftKorea. I just got into the sport of airsoft, and am pretty excited with it all.

I joined this forum because honestly, it seems to be one of the few places on the internet that people talk about airsoft in an exclusively mature manner. Plus, you all seem to do reeeally cool things to your guns

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

beison8000

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beison,

Welcome aboard! Planning on staying in Korea for the long run or do you plan on coming back statestide? If so, what state? Glad to have you here; be sure to drop in and check out the rules and regs!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Welcome man...

Have always wanted to come to one of the larger games over there. As they always sound like fun.

Thanks for the kind words about the forum, and glad you joined.

Hope you find everything that you need, and don't be afraid to ask:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you find everything you need.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually going to head stateside in about three months. I'll be moving back to Chicago, and definitely will want to get into some games there! Are many people from that neck of the woods?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Score! South-west Michigan, and we have a pretty large team that spans the state; deff. could use another DM/Scout-Sniper ... or any player for that matter. You have a specialty? (I see you joined because of the serious talk so I didn't know if you were in fact a marksman.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I guess I'm not completely sure of the role I'd like to do the most... I'm still more of a beginner.
A few weeks ago, I bought a used SCAR as my first gun, and the previous owner had been kind enough to slap a decent hopup rubber, and promy 500mm ish 6.03 tbb in there, as well as take care of the internals pretty well. So after doing a few of Vindi's suggested upgrades to give a little more increased consistency and accuracy, I've got a gun with a little better effective range than most folks at the games I go too. (PS the dental floss trick is pure genius mate~) It's definitely not DMR quality yet though--I have no delusions about that

But as far as a specialty? I guess I'm not sure yet. I mean... Who doesn't enjoy picking off enemies from a hidden location when they don't have range on you?
But I kind of think running and gunning can sometimes be fun too. After a few more months, and after I move back to the states (Airsoft gear is at LEAST 2x the price of America, and we can't ship whole guns, and scopes are illegal...) I'll make the decision to either complete the transformation of the SCAR into a legit DMR, or just keep it as a nice and accurate AEG and buy a separate rifle for my sniping desires.

Either way, the bug's bitten me pretty hard, and I'm excited to keep playing!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good deal and glad to hear it :) . After time in service you learn a few tricks like the dental floss. Like I said if you are coming to the Chi-Town area you'll be within a couple hours of one of our fields; and we're always recruiting!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm... Not that it doesn't sound tempting, but it'd still be a couple hours away. In college I was on the cycling team, and we had a lot of midwest region races, so we went to Michigan more than a few times. It's not really thaaaat far away,... but every weekend can get to be a little much. It would be great to come out to a games once in a while, if you guys didn't mind having a guest :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.