Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
UTG MK96 is all I can say. My rifle is shooting 400-ish with the cut down factory spring, factory upgrade piston, and ball bearing spring guide. I rarely use the 500 fps spring because I can confirm hits at 300 ft with nothing but custom barrel spacers and a broken hop arm (nothing a little scotch tape can't fix ;) )

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
+1 one to the above it's a Mil-Dot range estimating!
Here's how to do it: http://www.mil-dot.com/user-guide

I've never seen a UTG MK96 but I hear good stuff about it, here many are happy with Well L96 and the only problem they have is with the trigger.
I'd personally suggest look for the JG Bar10, it's VSR clone and has decent performance and more importantly the huge variety of VSR's upgrade parts!

Wolf

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The bar10 came pretty good stock, but as you can see in my sig, I upgraded it a lot. I got the scoped version from evike for 140$ with the 18% off coupon makes it who knows what including shipping. There is also the 110$ non-scoped version on evike. The stock spring shoots about 400 fps for me but it will probably compress eventually. I was able to hit people a little over 200 feet away with all stock internals.

I suggest the bar10 with a new bucking (nineball) and the TDC mod because of the right curve issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You really can't go wrong with either the bar-10 or the UTG L96, they are both fairly good stock, and have lots and lots of upgrade parts available. Plus, lots of people have them, so there is a wealth of information on both of them, A lot of people make the decision on which one to get based on which one they think looks better, it is really up to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.