Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a weird outer barrel. What barrel is it that long? The slide is already 5,1
Well... I bougth on aliexpress, and Its 6". I don't know why they sell such a large barrel xd, but I was ended using the desert eagle133mm inner barrel inside with a guarder hop up chamber. Shoots fine I guess, I have only black bb's so I can't see so well the flight of it xd

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,614 Posts
Who is Paul Allen?
It is a quote/meme originating from the hit film American Psycho (2000). There is a scene where a number of characters are comparing business cards. The main character, Patrick Bateman makes a huge fuss over whose is better, eventually asking to see Paul Allen's (a co-worker who he hates) card.
This eventually became a joke used when people demonstrated something. For example: kid brings new laptop into school- "Impressive. Very nice. Let's see Paul Allen's laptop".

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh I see!, lol, but it wasn't my intention to brag or anything like that, but to see what others thought of my hi capa, I think it looks weird with such a long barrel, and that the gun is a 5.1 hi capa, I think this outer barrel is more for a sti DVC-3. But I still need to know your thoughts

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,614 Posts
it wasn't my intention to brag or anything like that
Yea of course. I didn't mean to accuse you of that.

But I still need to know your thoughts
Personally I like the look. It makes it a little different from other hicapas- on first sight it almost doesn't appear to be one. It also makes it look kinda like a Beretta 92 which is cool.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It looks weird, only because of the colour of the thread's cover. If it has the same colour as the barrel then it would looks better in my opinion. I once also did a build like that, but i use non threaded barrel and honestly it looks pretty great, that protruding barrel making it looks like a compensator somehow in my build.

Edit : Other than that, yours looking good and unique by its own

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks unique, stands out from a stock hi capa but isn't over the top.
Kind of like a 1911/baretta 92 cross.
Yea, the slide its too plane, thats make the look too simple.
All the upgrades that it has came from aliexpress, I cant Buy anything from pages cuz the damn covid, but there's some slides but to do that I will need to replace the whole upper and I dont want to do that xd

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks weird, only because of the colour of the thread's cover. If it has the same colour as the barrel then it would looks better in my opinion. I once also did a build like that, but i use non threaded barrel and honestly it looks pretty great, that protruding barrel making it looks like a compensator somehow in my build.

Edit : Other than that, yours looking good and unique by its own
The thread cover its the only that I could get, its made of steel, and it has a thread adapter too, so I can put whatever I want, maybe a good looking compensator

·
Administrator
6,302 Posts
I like the bronze color but the outer barrel is too long.
You have to get a 6inch slide to complete the look.

I'm building a Hi Capa myself now.
Well its mostly Hi Capa but will build it as a 1911. Found a steel slide and I have for years a Gunsmith Bros 1911 SVI frame so time to build something

This is a test fitment and to check it works ..
Sent the slide and some parts for cerakote
Wood Bicycle part Trigger Gun accessory Hardwood

Wolf

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That looks really cool!, How much weight that steel slide?
Btw, in aliexpress there's a slide, the combat master one, that will match the lenght of my barrel, maybe some day I'll buy it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts