Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Max
Callsign: Racusiren
Experience: I have been playing airsoft for 1 and a half years.
Gear: I own an Echo 1 ASR and hopefully after the holidays I will have enough money to get a WE 1911 or WE M9.
Camo : I wear woodland bdu because I don

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If you wan't some advice right off the bat I can give you some
1- A homemade ghillie suit is nearly ALWAYS better than a store bought one, it blends in better, it is customizable, you can add natural veg, the best camo IMO, and then it will definitely fit you and suit your needs.

2) I was going to say to use C02 but then I saw you live in California so yeah gas guns are fine there.

3) It is also cheaper to make a ghillie suit then to buy one.

4) YEah it's a recession so everybody is tighter on the money, if you are savvy enough with these kind of things you can upgrade your gun with many home modifications which will get it shooting significantly better.

Hope I helped you somewhat. :)

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Welcome to the forum man, glad to have you with us.

Try and snag some BDU's from an old Surplus store, some netting from Michael's, and Goop and burlap from Home Depot and you can make a ghillie that is under $30 or so.

Again, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for a warm welcome and advice. I will begin work on a ghillie as soon as I have read more on the topic and get enough money. Hopefully it won't be as hard as it looks to make one, just looking at all the materials needed is kind of intimidating.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
racusiren said:
Thank you all for a warm welcome and advice. I will begin work on a ghillie as soon as I have read more on the topic and get enough money. Hopefully it won't be as hard as it looks to make one, just looking at all the materials needed is kind of intimidating.
It can be intimidating at first but once you have the jute dyed iit is simple.
JUst glue some netting on to the back of your BDU's -5-10 min
String all the burlap (Hint- listen to music or watch tv while doing this)
Then tie onto netting.
Anyway, Goodluck!

·
Registered
354 Posts
racusiren said:
Here are a few pointers, for your ghillie suit adventures ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here. Just putting this out. My removable ghillie works great to. Just saying if you don`t want to kill your bdu or buy another one. Heres mine. Obviously not me. But I think it works great for only spending 20 dollars. Maybe a bit more time consuming but the results are great. Biggest downside when you crounch it can get tangled on your boots. One more thing zipties can help with. What field you play in Norcal. I`m in Socal. http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af178/Nelsonho396/?action=view&current=005.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never heard of CPP or SC village but the field at warped ops looks great! Hopefully next time I'm down there with a few buddies I'll play there.I just recieved some burlap from my friend two days ago and just finished unthreading the entire thing (+ trimming to 15-20 inch strands). Now all there is left to do is buy some fish netting.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ok when you head down to Warped. PM me I might try to go. Before careful. I almost got stepped on when I was their with my ghillie. Be ready to shoot uphill and downhill those are the sniper hang outs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.