Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of research and looking around several sites including this one, there's just so much information to take in and I don't really have anyone I can ask personally to help me with this.

I was looking at barrels and hop unit for my first 2 upgrades and sadly most of the barrels I was interested in were out of stock, though I've found this and wondering if anyone has experience with them and which hop up unit would work for it:

From what I can tell this is an AEG barrel? What hop units would be compatible with this? I've tried to look but it's a bit of an info overload when I google such a thing.

Apologies for the trivial questions! But what do you guys think of that barrel+hop unit+ML bucking for a starting point.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
The barrel is VSR cut, and is the Maple Leaf barrel. For hop up I would go with the AA Chamber or the Archwick chamber. Bucking of your choice. You will need a nub for the AA chamber. Either the stalker nub or masada's nub. ML as a last resort.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You can also use my nub that's in my signature, it's almost free to make and competes with the Masada arm very well, and is more stable than the Panthera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can also use my nub that's in my signature, it's almost free to make and competes with the Masada arm very well, and is more stable than the Panthera.
The barrel is VSR cut, and is the Maple Leaf barrel. For hop up I would go with the AA Chamber or the Archwick chamber. Bucking of your choice. You will need a nub for the AA chamber. Either the stalker nub or masada's nub. ML as a last resort.
Thank you guys, to confirm, is it this one I keep seeing good stuff about: Action Army VSR10 Hop Up Chamber (B01-013)

Can't see it being any other but just wanted to check.

I'll check it out those nubs, thanks, how long do these nubs usually last? Are they all as durable as eachother or do they generally not wear down too fast?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
That's the chamber.

If your nub is wearing out, you must be doing something really hardcore as they aren't a wear part...

You may be thinking of buckings, those do wear out, but usually take 10K+ shots unless you get a bad one.
For a bucking, the 2021 Maple Leaf Autobot between 70° and 85° is a good choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the chamber.

If your nub is wearing out, you must be doing something really hardcore as they aren't a wear part...

You may be thinking of buckings, those do wear out, but usually take 10K+ shots unless you get a bad one.
For a bucking, the 2021 Maple Leaf Autobot between 70° and 85° is a good choice.
Cheers, very helpful, seems like I do understand some of this stuff after all, I read an hour or two a couple months ago, understood it, started looking last week seriously and read that much I went a bit mad...

I see that the degree at which the bucking is at is supposed to take into account, what FPS you're shooting at, is that consistent across all weight BBs or is it specifically marked for those FPS using .2s? (I hope that makes sense)

From what I can tell those buckings have an R Hop style nub in the window, would I keep that as is at stock?

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
No problem.

I wouldn't really trust those ratings, and nobody in their right mind shoots .20g BBs, so the suggestions I am giving you are from personal experimentation and experimentation from friends.
But yeah, if you get a 2021 bucking stick to 70°-85° as the lower ones are a bit too soft and grippy.
This only applies to the clear 2021 Maple Leaf buckings, as all companies and rubbers act completely different sometimes.

If you mean do you need to do anything to your bucking or barrel, absolutely not as long as you get the barrel that you linked above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem.

I wouldn't really trust those ratings, and nobody in their right mind shoots .20g BBs, so the suggestions I am giving you are from personal experimentation and experimentation from friends.
But yeah, if you get a 2021 bucking stick to 70°-85° as the lower ones are a bit too soft and grippy.
This only applies to the clear 2021 Maple Leaf buckings, as all companies and rubbers act completely different sometimes.

If you mean do you need to do anything to your bucking or barrel, absolutely not as long as you get the barrel that you linked above.
Fantastic, all makes sense, thanks for all the help.

Can't wait to get started tinkering with this stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem.

Hey, sorry to bother but wonder if you can offer any info on something I've noticed, when I take the mag out and watch the piston as I'm pulling the bolt, it seems to move to the side as if it's not secured properly, I did a quick google search but probably didn't type in the right keywords to hit any results that talk about what I was seeing, would you happen to know anything about this?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts