Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to see what you guys prefer to use when carrying a sidearm. I have tried numerous things in the past, and now I am looking at getting a solid holster. The ones I have had in the past were decent but not great. Since I am trying to finish my loadout, I would love to here what you guys have used or like to use.

I have been looking at the serpa holsters: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/60236.htm

I like the look of these and how the pistol is held in there nice and tight, and only comes out when the button is pushed. However, I am looking for a holster that is more "versatile". Reason being, sometimes I want to use a flash light mounted to it, sometimes not. Also looking at using a suppressor (if I go with an extended inner barrel) and not sure if the serpa would fit. Basically, the only con here is whether or not its versatile enough.

I have been leaning towards this: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/product_p/ttlh.htm
Like how it goes on the thigh. Can fit with a light or laser, and pretty sure a suppressor could fit through there.

Overall, the examples above are just examples. Those are showing what types of holsters I have been looking at. Would love to hear what you guys use with your ghillie that keeps things comfortable but also compact and secure.

After all, the last thing you want to happen on the field is to have to go looking around for your sidearm.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The first one, is a black hawk those are used world wide for real steal I own one for my real 1911, only thing is it mounts to your belt and is only good as a concealed holster.

The second one, is a universal speed holster, you can mount a flashlight laser combo on there. But the only con is you cant mount a suppressor, reason being there is a Velcro strap that goes across the muzzle of the gun to help keep it in place.

At the moment I do not have a ghilie suit made for the area I play in so I am currently running a tac vest with a drop leg fast draw holster. Which I got off of airsoftgi ( http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_102&products_id=1566 ). When I do have the ghilie on I use my shoulder holster from work, I found a cheaper version on airsoft gi as well( http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_102&products_id=2868 ) for my ghilie the holster lines right up with the slit in jacket for reaching my pocket.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Serpa holsters have three screw on the back which are compatible with all other serpa rigs, be it belt, molle, thigh platform or that weird spinny thing. I have the same serpa on a my BH high rig as we speak. 1911 FTW. Get a serpa, but fobus makes a cheap solution if all you need is a level one retention. If you get a high rig get a nice one due to their tendency to slip out of place.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I have actually been leaning away from getting a suppressor for my pistol mainly because of how much more cumbersome it would be. I think I will stay away from the extended inner barrel/suppressor combo for now.

With that said, looks like a serpa would be right for me. I plan on putting it on my belt that way I do not need to use a platform on my thigh.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been thinking about getting a battle belt for a while. Would be a better way to attach all my pouches, holster, radio and stuff. Ill look into what you said. It would be nice not to have my pistol get into the way while in prone. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Necropost, I know, but the question appears to have gone unanswered and I can possibly add in some good stuff. Anything on a leg rig or platform will twist around and interfere with your movement as soon as you begin crawling around on the ground. Next thing you know you will have dirt, mud and debris jammed in between your hammer and firing pin area. This = BAD! Leg platforms unless insanely tight will twist around and do likewise. Another downfall is that as soon as you have something digging a rut in the earth, your leaving behind a distinctive mark that can easily be followed. Right now I'm still wearing my plate carrier but the front of it is smooth and clean. An admin pouch for mil-dot ranging card, pen and small notebook/sniper log and my mini temp/humidity sensor. Sidearm on the right mounted where I can get to it quick but high enough as to not drag when I crawl. A mid size set of bino's and a water carrier/camelback with it's own seperate straps. Everything else in plastic bags in BDU/ACU cut pockets.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Sorry didn't see that you posted a question.....

Yeah I just have mine up in my belt. That way it is covered by the bottom of my ghillie, so that way I don't have to worry about alot of crud getting to it. I then have my spare mag on my drop leg, along with my other mags for my rifle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fuzzy I would go with a genuine Serpa holster from BlackHawk. Only holsters I carry now. One button push and sidearm is released but pistol will not come out accidentally. Or if not get one of the Chinese clones and try it out, if you like it then invest in a BlackHawk. :)

And in regards to crawling with a Serpa drop-leg I regularly crawl with mine on and have never had any issues just make sure the straps are tight.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Scotty, at the moment I am still debating what sidearm I will be using when the season changes, so I do not want to buy a holster specific for one pistol, and find out I will be using a totally different one.

I will keep what you said in mind, as I really like the Serpa, and how the pistol won't sneak out of there ;) Would prefer to keep the holster on my battle belt, as I have used drop legs and am not a big fan of them.

And woogie, thanks for finally answering! Haha

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Get the 1911 and you will be happy

I kind of bit the bullet when it came to the SERPA.... and I am a chepo. But I am really glad that I did. I have been running with it for quite a few games, and still have yet to loose a mag.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love glocks, but they are getting rarer and rarer to find. I would love to get a solid KSC m9, or a TM 1911 of some sort, but am going to wait a few more months.

I use a mag guard to prevent losing my mags. While the serpa might not push down on the mag release, I do not want to leave it up to chance, and will most likely continue to use my mag guard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.