Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I had seen the last of this issue but I thought wrong. Basically my gun hooks right when fired. I have a L96 type pdi hop up and regardless of how much pressure I put on one arm or the other it has no effect. I am able to counter the effect by tilting the gun about 45 degrees to the left.

I originally thought that my nub was out of place or my bucking was crooked but both theories have been disproved. I have shimmed my mag ketch but that didn't help.

My next idea is that my hop-up is not level thus creating a hook. I've really got no idea how to keep it level because the screw through the mag ketch should hold it in position? Spinning the barrel while attached helps somewhat but doesn't fix it. I lost my original spring with the unit but I used a pen spring as a work around. It seems to work because I getting hop again but maybe it's not evenly applying pressure?

If you guys have any suggestions post me! :tup:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
First try a different spring and see what happens, or at least rotate the current spring to see if you can get it to curve left, which will tell you if it is the problem. Also make sure the bucking isn't ripped anywhere. If all else fails, you can always do the TDC mod, which there is a link to in my sig. I don't hav much experience with the pdi units because I try to avoid them, but these suggestions are pretty much universal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So here is my theory. I'm really nervous about attempting this but according to this graphic (thank you MSpaint) it should work because I'm using the TDC screw in place of the spring. Let me know what you think.
EDIT: I took my gun apart to find that the spring had been mashed and deformed. I am currently waitin for some super glue to dry so I can test the results of the TDC mod wish me luck!

EDIT2: Took a few days for the JB weld to set up. Just tested it today! Now its working good. I had to get the sweet spot in tension between the TDC screw and the grub screws but once I did its very consistent. I also did the teflon tape mods to the cylinder head and the piston, I also flossed the bucking to create a better seal. I'm sure its not that amazing but I am able to make a torso hit at 200-210ft every single shot. Thank you juggler for the awesome guide!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I can't seem to find a material that will hold the bolt to the gun. I've tried poxy and jb weld and nothing wants to hold. Any ideas?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I did that with the proxy but ill give job weld another shot I suppose. It's weird because I'm not applying any pressure on it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
if you totally sucess, can you make a tutorial TDC for L96 ? i'm interested this

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm having the same issue with the JB weld not being permanent. I made an ugly anthill on mine, and it stayed put for about 4 days, then started to peal. I did remove the paint and scratched up the outer barrel a bit where the nut/bolt makes direct contact with the barrel to no avail. I will be trying Gorilla Super Glue as was recommended to me by someone who used it with success, and for extra measure, I will make another anthill around the nut/bolt after the GSG dries. If this doesn't work, I don't know what will:(

"I used gorilla glue to hold it dodwn and it has held up great. I also put a spring around the screw so that the vibrations from shooting the gun won't loosen up the screw.

http://www.benfranklin.com/item.php?...FUZgMgodXTcACg "
- Hawkey3

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...yword=gorilla+glue&storeId=10051#.UKsKYIdX0YA

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also attempted super glue which I have seen several people use without problems? But it fell off within minutes of use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.