Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....

Well I have been thinking about the hop up chamber in the VSR series or rifles. And I hate to say it but I really hate the split style of the hop up chamber. It would be great to see a solid chamber that will keep a near 100% air seal, while also having a precision machined hop up adjustment.

Have been thinking about a few opinions that would work, but wondering what you guys were thinking.

Was thinking about instead of the hop up arm...having a threaded hole that would allow for very small adjustments. I got the idea after looking at the WA2000 that Wanko put up.

Then instead of having just a small portion of the barrel inside of the chamber, have it be around 5 inches or so.

I hate these ideas...... always come into my head and now that I don't have a lathe, can't do anything about it...

I haven't seen a chamber like this as of yet. But if you guys have an option for the most precise chamber let us know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you pull this off I would love to get one from you.... I'm reworking my Hop-up now to make it a tube feed and do away with a mag. I was thinking of using a liquid gasket to seal the chamber itself once I rebuild it.

My other idea was a set screw hop up similar to Noobies TDC design but set in the chamber so it could be sealed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Okay new thought occurred to me ....

Using the stock hop unit I plan to make a TDC adjuster for the arm. So what if I filled the outside of the hop up with Apoxie Sculpt to where the entire thing was a cylinder in 2 parts then seal that with heat shrink tubing. Since it would eliminate the moving arms and pressure would be applied directly down it should work... Well at least in my mind.

If I then seal the ends using liquid gasket I should have a darn near air tight seal and it could be broken down and redone rather easily. Plus if it works it could be duplicated by anyone with opposable thumbs and 3 brain cells to rub together....

Cost in parts total would be less than $20 and you should be able to redo the chamber 5+ times if you needed to.

What is your take?

Just to update I have started working on it and you can follow the progress here .... http://1st-sword.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=2214&start=10

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.