Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is ignorance on my part.. but i have been messing with my gun the last few days since i got it trying to sight it in.. I am having a problem ( I Think would be hop up problem but i honestly do not know)

At 100 feet its easy dead on hit 9/10 shots i get a random drifter but have no barrel spacers ect so not to worried about that, Easy to approve on.

My Issue starts at about 130-145 feet when shooting at a 150' target. At a ball park range between the 130' and 145' the BB is going way High (To me looks like spin is making it go high cause its perfectly even shot till that 130ish' mark.

Two days ago i had a 200' target up and was able to get constant shots on it but it was still doing the same thing but i could just aim low at the target (Below the target about 1' and it would constantly hit at 200' up to 250' (Max distance i tried no more room) But was able to tell it was curving way up then also)

I Have tried adjusting my hop up and i can not tell any difference at full hop or none it does the exact same thing.

Side note is this is all in wind at about 10mph give or take its windy pretty much all day everyday here.. Not sure if that would effect any of this saying my Left and right accuracy is perfect when adjusted for the wind.

I am using a .25 Hailstorm Bio BB (Just what i have that i use in my m4) Until i get some heavy bb's just for the sniper.

Any tips or help about what i can try or if this is normal or anything would be great i am new to the sport and Very new to Bolt action snipers. But am very mechanically inclined and have no hesitation to jump in to the gun and learn about it.. Just need to know what i should be looking for or at least a starting point to get me going.

I Just feel like no matter how the hopup is set i have to much

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's sounding like your nub is always applying pressure or some nonsense like that, I would disassemble your hop up unit and make sure everything is seated correctly. Let me know how that works and we shall go from there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright will pull it apart and check it out after work tomorrow.. Thanks for the start just did not want to tear in to the hop-up or the rest of the inside of my gun till i got grease to lube everything but i guess practice makes perfect :tup: Will let you know what i find tomorrow

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lubing your gun is important but not "mandatory" every time you open up your gun. I saw your intro post, are you using the PDI hop-up chamber?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is just the stock hop up an I know you do not have to do it every time but a kid had the gun before me and I don't think he ever even cleaned the gun the barrel was full of crap and there was coke or something spilled all over the trigger box when I pulled the stock off. So just figure I would start fresh and know it was correctly lubed. I do plan on getting the pdi hop up but want to see what I can get out of as it is and max it's potential before I add even more factors. Will be checking the whole hop up unit tonight an let you know

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Found two things one is that it seems to be missing the nub. Is it just a normal age nub ? And or is there a easy way to make one? There are to dimples in the bucking where it looks as if a empty arm has been on the bucking for awhile this may just be normal though I do not know.
The other is first a bad design if you ask me, But the arm that pushes the nub to the bucking has a notch to catch the ring that adjusts the whole system and part of it is chipped off. Hop this helps you help me! (Btw did you get it? "Hop") I'm so funny

I also think i am going to make my own nub.. I have access to all types of silicone and urethane because of the work i do should i try to mold one with some? Or Just use a nerf dart?

Thanks again

The parts i have nub not included cause there was not one

The bucking and marks i think were left by empty arm correct me if i am wrong

Broken notch on arm picture is still huge .. but its kinda self explanatory i think it will still work cause its just a tiny piece you can kinda see it in the first picture

after looking at a guide on some mods to the hopup unit for this gun i found that there is more of that arm missing then i thought.. only about 1/6th of a inch catches the adjusting ring (Whatever its called) would it be worth CnCing my own arm for the hop up? or just buy a PDI?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.